• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop keys match Mac to PC possible?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I use photoshop at work on Mac and at home on PC very often with my Wacom tablet. It's slowed me down getting mixed up. Is there any way possible to change the shortcuts at work and at home to be as similar as possible? Mainly just resizing the brush throws me off since I like to use CTRL + OPTION for Mac vs the right click (on my pen) + alt for PC.

Any help would be amazing, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

What Wacom tablet are you using?  If it is an Intuos, then the express wheel is my preferred method of changing brush size. I used to only use the Brush Size option because it was too slow toggling between the standard four options, but I now alternate the Express Wheel between Brush Size and Rotate Canvas, so I never need to hit the Toggle more than once to get the option I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the Edit menu, choose Keyboard Shortcuts. In the dialog box that appears, you can customize the shortcuts and save your own set of shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Wacom tablet are you using?  If it is an Intuos, then the express wheel is my preferred method of changing brush size. I used to only use the Brush Size option because it was too slow toggling between the standard four options, but I now alternate the Express Wheel between Brush Size and Rotate Canvas, so I never need to hit the Toggle more than once to get the option I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, Trevor.Dennis! This is the perfect way to make Mac and PC Photoshop the same so I can work without having to stumble often with shortcuts from different operating systems.

I edited my ExpressKeys at home and at work with their respective shortcuts for the Brush Size/Hardness hot keys; (Alt + R click) Window and (Control + Option) Mac, then for me I just hold the ExpressKey now so it doesn't matter which OS I'm on in Photoshop.

2017-04-20_10-30-17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines