• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop lagging after Unreal Engine download

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... I think I already know the answer to this but wanna run it past people must more knowledgable than I, so please forgive an obvious, old-man question!

I do photomanipulation in PS as a hobby & want to take it a step further, so yesterday I download Unreal Engine 5.  Since then, my Photoshop (I'm on CC, so it's the latest version) is very laggy, & I'm guessing it might be because of the space UE is now taking up....would that be correct?  

I own an older Mac; 1TB SSD storage, 32gig RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2 GB graphics, & 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor, if any of that info helps.

Thanks!!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

How much free space do you have for the Photoshop scratch disk, I know UE5 is quite a big download, I had it installed and didn't notice any issues running Photoshop along side it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  It seems Photoshop isn't too bad now....I'm still a bit of a newbie with it all, & I think maybe having 174 layers in a photomanipulation project I was playing with might have contributed to my lag!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more likely that UE's various "daemons", i.e. little utility apps that live-link to other apps or your compiler are getting in the way as does possibly the web updater, license manager, online asset manager. There's a ton of those and they refresh a million times per second. The disk space should not be an issue, even if a UE install can easily reach 120 GB with all assets and extras. So have a look at your activity monitor and shut down the unwanted tools and spend soem time going through UE's configuration and turn off any features that may re-initiate those processes liek the asset browser or the runtime preview.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response.  I haven't had much spare time to play around with UE since posting this, but I will absolutely give your suggestions a crack, it makes sense.  There were a couple of things I turned off / adjusted & it did seem to help with lag, so when I get time for a deep-dive I'll see what else I can turn off.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines