Photoshop Lightroom 5.4 sync and rename

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening a file in Photoshop Lightroom 5.4. (PSL5.4)on my mac desktop i made an adjustment after clicking on "edit in photoshop"

I saved saved as the file in the appropruate name and closed file expecting to see the adjustment and new file on PSL5.4. The adjustment is there but the file anme change isnt.

However when i opened  creative cloud on my ipad, the file anme had updated and the adjustemnt showed.

I thought syncing meant all desktop and mobile were in harmony.

Is this a fault or is it just an ADOBE quirk

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I should have vetted my post before sending it - Sorry.

I would really like to understand why when using PSL to edit in PS (quick selection tool) and saving the edit why the edit shows on my ipad but not in the original PS/L programme from which I generated the "edit in PS" action.

Looking at other posts someone suggested Photoshop preferences>file handling> untick>ask before saving layered tiff files which made no difference. Could the fact that there are still 3136 files to be synced? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines