• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop/ Lightroom making RAWs unreadable

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a recent issue with my photos being changed in some way where both photoshop and lightroom can not open them or recognize them. This happens during the process of saving changes made in photoshop back to lightroom. 

They will open fine at first, then I will do my basic corrections in Lightroom then edit the file in Photoshop. After making my desired changes and saving I get an error message saying the file can't be read. I can save the changes I made out of Photoshop but the RAW file will then not open in either Photoshop or Lightroom. 

I'm using an HP Laptop with Windows 10

Screenshot 2020-04-27 11.32.13.jpg   Screenshot 2020-04-27 11.47.25.png  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatelly I can not see any of your screenshots for unknown reason. Can you post screenshots inline in body?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attach file is broken.

Use the Insert photos icon in the toolbar.

Insert-photos.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not Photoshop nor Lightroom, both programs can not save as ARW.

Screenshot 2020-04-27 11.32.13.jpg

When Photoshop displays error, which file type you are trying to open? When you open file in Photoshop from Lightroom it is not RAW file from your camera but rather TIFF or PSD and you are not saving changes in RAW file in either case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes this is true, I'm not trying to save it as a an .ARW though.

I  import the ARWs through lightroom, do basic adjustments, then edit in photoshop. After I'm done in photoshop I then save and it usually goes back over to Lightroom as a TIFF and then I export my final as a JPEG. 

The issue is after I have saved the TIFF in Photoshop the error message pops up  and something happens where neither Photoshop Camera RAW)  nor Lightroom will import the file and it is grayed out (example above). It does something to the RAW between photoshop and lightroom that makes it unrecognizable to the two programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines