Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop liquify "push left tool" not working

Participant ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

For many years and PS-versions (even with complete new re-installs / new hardware) I've had this issue with push left tool.
When pushing pixels from side to side (moving the cursor up and down) it works fine. But when I try to push pixels upp and down (moving cursor from side to side) there is most of the time only a small change. Sometimes it's working, but most of the time, nope.

This has been driving me crazy so many times. Does anyone know what this is about and if there is some kind of solution?

Thanks!
// Magnus

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Magnus

For many years and PS-Versions i couldn't reproduce this issue… Can you share with us (the community) a Screenshot of the PROPERTIES in the Liquify Tool, please?

Do you work with a mouse (which one?) or a Graphic Tablet / Track-Pad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Sure, here are two screenshots that replicates the problem. If my selection is PS is a square, the problem doesnt occur.

I use Win11 (but it was the same on Win10) with a Wacom Intuos Pro. Just tried with a mouse. Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clraify. Today I discovered that the error is dependent on the shape of the selection.

Scenario 1: Rectangular selection "landscape"
When pushing pixels from side to side (moving the cursor up and down) it works fine. But when I try to push pixels up and down (moving cursor from side to side) there is only a small change.

Scenario 2: Rectangular selection "portrait"
When pushing pixels from side to side (moving the cursor up and down) only a small change is made. But when I try to push pixels up and down (moving cursor from side to side) it works fine.

Scenario 3: Square selection
The push left tool seems to work and equal amount up/down and left/right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it and it is working. MAC OS. Made a smart object first and played with it.

Maybe it is you system> 

Try agian . Make a smart object (or filter) change the brush size and density!

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 12.05.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input. Did you also read this that I wrote just above: 

Scenario 1: Rectangular selection "landscape"
When pushing pixels from side to side (moving the cursor up and down) it works fine. But when I try to push pixels up and down (moving cursor from side to side) there is only a small change.

Scenario 2: Rectangular selection "portrait"
When pushing pixels from side to side (moving the cursor up and down) only a small change is made. But when I try to push pixels up and down (moving cursor from side to side) it works fine.

Scenario 3: Square selection

Scenario 4: Full image

Cant be system. this is the third system I used that it occurs on. Different versions of PS. Also on mac at work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines