• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop minimized at startup

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently Photoshop started to launch in minimized mode screenshot.jpgand I can't correct this.   I want it to launch full screen and so far my attempts have failed.

I've attached a screenshot to illustrate what is happening.    What setting do I need to change to correct this?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Resetting the photoshop preferences will hopefully resolve the issue.

Just after you click or double click the cs3 icon to launch photoshop press and hold the Shift+Ctrl+Alt keys.

(you have to be quick about pressing the keys or you won't get the below dialog)

Keep holding the keys down until you a dialog asking if you want to Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File.

Press Yes

set.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After opening you clicked on the Maximize button to fit cs3 to screen and then tried a restart of cs3?

What version of windows are you using?

max.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop typically remembers how you opened it last time, which means that if you follow Jeff's reply above and make it fullscreen, next time you open it it will open fullscreen.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff & marer

Sorry for the late reply.

I am aware of the icon in the corner and I've used it many times with various programs and this is what confuses me.   Photoshop does not seem to remember when I maximize the screen for next time!    That is why I wanted to post this question to see if perhaps I was losing my mind about how to open the program full screen!    I'm going to try again repeating this through the day and see what happens.  I'm suspecting that perhaps there may be a software glitch but we'll wait to see.

Lastly, I'm using Win 8.1.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the photoshop preferences will hopefully resolve the issue.

Just after you click or double click the cs3 icon to launch photoshop press and hold the Shift+Ctrl+Alt keys.

(you have to be quick about pressing the keys or you won't get the below dialog)

Keep holding the keys down until you a dialog asking if you want to Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File.

Press Yes

set.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

I have to admit I was not aware of that technique.   I did it and it appears to have worked.    

Thanks so much for passing that along.

Just an after thought.   It did ask if I wanted to delete the settings.  What settings apart from how Photoshop launches were deleted just so I don't get a surprise that something else was deleted? 

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mainly photoshop is reset to the default settings like Workspace and any settings in Edit>Preferences you may have changed after cs3 was initially installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again.   I will keep this on file for future reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines