• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop mouse cursor flickering — OSX

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as you can see the cursor starts flickering when photoshop is running. when I quit then everything will fine.

made a fresh install. not from backup. still everything the same. this flickering effect is unpredictable because its not always flickering just a time when photoshop wants to start it

can anyone help me please? everything is up-to-date as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not be a Photoshop Problem do you have any third party Photoshop Plug-in installed or any Mac add-ons that may be adjusting the mouse cursor. I know Mac's have a features that can change the size of the mouse cursor. Perhaps there is a confect raging and that confect  keeps changing the mouse cursor which you see as a flickering mouse cursor.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your answer.

- havent installed any ps plugin (just because of it)

- further no mac add-ons only those programs which you can see on the menubar (forklift, istat, moom, jettison, logitech mouse driver)

the weird thing of it that everything is good on my 5K imac. but have this flickering on my 2015 early 13" macbook pro, and still extist on my new 2016 15" cto macbook pro. cant deal with it.

all fresh install

have no idea what to do but its pretty annoying and really need some help so please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

(forklift, istat, moom, jettison, logitech mouse driver)

So, does it work better is you disable one or all these software ?

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

tried to disable: forklift, istat, moom, jettison. - nothing helped

the only thing that i can not disable is the logitech driver cuz when i uninstall that my mouse goes wrong so i cant work with it.

as far as i can not work further i cant test whether is good or not - because its unpredictable when starts to flickering

so i can not really know what can i further do.

can adobe support or apple help for me? what do u think guys?

thanks for any answer,help in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Well .. on my MBP, I dont use any of your software (including any "logitech" software). And never experienced any "flickering" symptom.

If you use a "logitech" software, make sure it's up-to date, for your OS version.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, everything is up-to-date. always. but if i am not using my logitech app and driver i cant even really make the scroll smooth , and other buttons to make what i want , and if the logitech drivers are not installed it can be laggy via bluetooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have zhe same problem ,The latest MAC system and ps 2018cc, I found the exact cause of the problem:

I drag the image or svg into any document, then add a layer mask to the image, and paint it with a brush in the layer mask.

Then it will cause the mouse style to fail.The mouse is shaking at the ai or browser border

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's interesting that you have an erratic cursor issue, but it is only happening when Photoshop is running.  Do you have other pointing devices connected, either by cable or wireless like a tablet?  Can you disable the MBP trackpad?

If you do have a wireless mouse or other pointing device, what frequency is it using, and do you anything close that uses a similar frequency like a cordless phone?  Try moving it further away.  I guess this is a laptop, so you will have tried different locations?

Try starting Photoshop with the Shift key held down, just to make sure there are no third party add-ons messing things up.

What version of OSX is the MBP running? Is it up to date?  Same thing with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really thanks for your answer.

No, i have not got any other devices connected. I always use wacom, but nowadays i try to solve my flickering problem first.

I use my logitech MX Master via bluetooth. I work in an office so a lot of mobile phones and anything else could be found here. So i can not really get rid of them. But on the other hand if i am at home everything appears the same, when photoshop wants to trick me it starts to flickering the only solution is that closing it and restart the PS. After it works for a day or an hour or for a minute can not even deal with it. so unpredictable..

So yep, i have tried different locations still the same everything.

Everything is always up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Instead of using "bluetooth" connection, have you tried using the USB connection/thingy ?

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pierre

No, but right now im on my way to try it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can not ever really thought that the bluetooth connection will the problem be. I do not want to tell that early but i think that was the problem. I will test is in the next days... but what if bluetooth is the problem what can I do? Do anybody a trick for that? Can not even know the problem is with the logitech driver or bluetooth driver or simply with the bluethooth connection. just getting confused about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have zhe same problem ,The latest MAC system and ps 2018cc, I found the exact cause of the problem:

I drag the image or svg into any document, then add a layer mask to the image, and paint it with a brush in the layer mask.

Then it will cause the mouse style to fail.The mouse is shaking at the ai or browser border

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's nearly 10 months later, but I have exactly the same problem in InDesign. It almost appears the mouse is scrolling through a variety of options at hyperspeed. Exactly the same flickering effect rendering it all but useless in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been on-going for years and no serious attempt has ever been made to fix it. I think it's an Adobe problem. It tends to occur when Photoshop is open and when you bring another programme to the front to work in - e.g. Illustrator or InDesign, then the cursor flickers. An old hack fix which works most of the time is to hide Photoshop - nine times out of ten this works. I'm using an old 2009 Mac pro running El Capitan (the problem has persisted through all the upgrades since Snow Leopard) and I do wonder if the older hardware has anything to do with it? The cursor image flickers between mouse-up and mouse-down (depending upon which tool you are using) when moving the mouse... very annoying but I think it's being quietly ignored by both Apple and Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue, but with none of the same applications installed that you listed.

As BillC said, this has been a bug for years and Adobe does not seem interested in finding a fix. The only solution I've found is to shut down Photoshop. Luckily with the invention of Sketch and other Adobe competitors, we have fewer and fewer reasons to open Photoshop in the first place. Does that count as a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy bmarkoka,

how are you today, what happen with your problem now ? is solved ? if it solved please share to me how you solve that problem. because i have same problem like you sir. Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you solved the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a wired mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that the real reason was the cursor bug in photoshop:This problem is solved when you change the drawing cursor from the default circle cursor to the exact cursor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1542269593x2890171600.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines