• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Not Available for Samsung Tab S8 Ultra?

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I specifically bought Samsung Tab S8 Ultra to Photoshop my way back into digital painting creations. Little did I know PS isn't compatible with Ultra.

Should have done more research, yes I know.

Now that I have the Ultra, which app/software is the best painting app?

And, when is Adobe going to make PS compatible? We do pay for this service right?

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ZAAAX 

Here are the system requirements for Photoshop for iPadOS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements-ios.html

As volunteers, we have not been told if Adobe is working on an Android version. They have a beta version for Photoshop for Web that is available with your paid subscription. System requirements are here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements-web.html

This is a Photoshop forum and you might want to do a web search or ask on a non-Adobe forum for non-Adobe apps. Although I don't use it, I have heard that some people like Procreate. I can't tell you if it runs on your Ultra though.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Jane, very helpful.

I was just wondering if the commnuity knew of Android art apps, I use Photoshop extensively, I'm just so surprised Adobe haven't supplied an Android version of PS, after all, Adobe love accepting out $$s, but are quite short on delivering acceptable usage softweare across all devices.

I'm not the only one complaining.

I did find this link for Android/ers who can't use their Adobe subscription apps or Procreate (an iPad exclusive) [thanks for yr idea tho, it's a great tool] .... link is https://expertphotography.com/best-drawing-app-android/ 

ZAAAX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Infinite painter. Hands down. You're welcome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jessica25167355550s Yep, discovered and hands down happily using it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to get a tablet for similar use, Photoshop, illustrator, etc. I also was planning on Samsung Galaxy s8 ultra, do you recommend getting ipad instead? Or do the apps you found to replace adobe satisfying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, I've taken to infinite painter it's excellent. Easy to work with and runs perfectly on my S8 Ultra. Also, I'm a long time user of Adobe products as part of my business. The question is, are you using Photoshop / Illustrator etc., for artictic works or, as part of your business d2d editing, creating etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can connect the S8 to a windows 10 PC if its on the same network and use it as a wireless 2nd  monitor, just tested mine with photoshop and the pen even has pressure sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe should support the android version natively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines