• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not compatible with Mac Os High Sierra 10.13.6

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, I have a Macbook Pro from 2010 with High Sierra 10.13.6 no longer supported by this "great" company but it is also not possible to update to a newer version OS. And now Photoshop is no langer compatible with this Sierra and I am not able to get the latest updates from Adobe. So short said I am forced to buy me a new laptop only to be able working with Adobe but in the meantime I pay every month my subscription to be updated. This looks to me an upside-down world. Is there no other solution then buying a new laptop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Many very high end pro mac users preserve "mothball" a stable system and applications and stop updating it. 

For many professionals, computer work is all about stability and reliability - not the access to the very latest additions added to software in latest updates.

Tried and tested stable systems are worth a lot in a working environment.

To be fair, in the world of computing a 2010 machine is pretty old and has lasted well past its intended life. I think that's great. Lucky you.

I dont know

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Adobe always makes the system requirements for their software very clear.

The current version, branded as Photoshop 2021 but known as version 22.0, requires Mojave or later. High Sierra is not supported.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/photoshop/system-requirements.html

High Sierra was last supported in Photoshop 2020 (version 21.0)

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/photoshop/system-requirements/2020.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>Is there no other solution then buying a new laptop?

Think you've covered it: Stay with your existing laptop and Photoshop version or buy a new laptop and use Photoshop 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure it will never be an Apple again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Windows laptop from 2010 isn't going to work very well with the current Photoshop either. Just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many very high end pro mac users preserve "mothball" a stable system and applications and stop updating it. 

For many professionals, computer work is all about stability and reliability - not the access to the very latest additions added to software in latest updates.

Tried and tested stable systems are worth a lot in a working environment.

To be fair, in the world of computing a 2010 machine is pretty old and has lasted well past its intended life. I think that's great. Lucky you.

I dont know Windows well, but I do know that my old HP laptop was orphaned my Microsoft years ago when it's hardware drivers (hardware drivers are a world of pain unknown to we mac users) ceased to be available for the later versions of Windows. To the best of my memory, it certainly did not remain compatible with later Windows updates for anywhere near 10 years. 

Apple support two OS versions older than the current one (Catalina), so High Sierra is still supported for security updates etc.

Until Big Sur comes out and changes everything - that will be a massive change I am told.

Even the current (some say problematic) OSX 10.15 Catalina with its "only 64 bit application support" is rather restricting to those (like me) who have older precious 32 bit software that may have been orphaned (development ceased) by developers in the rush to keep up with market needs / wants.

SO even if you COULD use Catalina you may have to replace a LOT of old apps if you did.

I run OSX High Sierra myself, but I am lucky in as much as my oldest mac is a late 2012 and is capable of running OSX 10.14 Mojave, so I CAN go that far if I wish to.

IF I do that I'll be mothballing a stable copy of High Sierra as a Virtual Machine within Parallels Desktop [a software that’s normally used to run Windows on a Mac).

It's quite straightforward.

This means I will be able to really easily switch back to High Sierra (on the same mac without rebooting) if I need support for older applications, some of which will not work with Mojave as its 32 but support is limited unlike High Sierra.

Keeping up in computer world is expensive and frustrating, and often unnecessary, I suspect your current mac has done all you've needed to do for the last 10 years and, along with that, your Adobe apps have done the same. IF it's stable and working right why not stop upgrading? 

I hope this helps

thanks
neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonsoir, je suis dans le meme cas. il ne m'a pas été informé qu'en prenant un abonnement il fallait nécessairement avoir un version récente de High sierra. Pourtant APPLE m'avait signalé qu'avec ma version je pouvais travailler avec creative cloud 2020 mais les mises à jour sont incompatibles????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe always makes the system requirements for their software very clear.

The current version, branded as Photoshop 2021 but known as version 22.0, requires Mojave or later. High Sierra is not supported.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/photoshop/system-requirements.html

High Sierra was last supported in Photoshop 2020 (version 21.0)

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/photoshop/system-requirements/2020.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this sounds like kind of a dick of a response to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please watch the language. And how is the truth a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you did answer my question though, so thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps a used laptop. I just got a mid 2015 Retina Macbook Pro with a 2TB ssd (last one to allow user installed SSDs) and 16 GB ram. It's a great improvement over the mid 2012/Catalina MBP. So now if one breaks down I have a spare.

My 2012 Dell can't run Photoshop 2023 either because I can't upgrade to the Windows version in the system requirements. But $770 total for a seller to install a 2TB ssd and it has a clean screen and case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2015 15" MacBook Pro and I love it, but the $800 M1 Mac mini I picked up a few months ago runs circles around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The M1 does indeed run circles and will run Ventura as well, but no regrets, I love laptops and it meets my needs without breaking the bank. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I have two Mac portables (2011 13" and 2015 15") and will likely get a MacBook Air or Pro in a couple of years once the 15" is out of support. I paid $750 for mine in like new condition with 1TB of storage. I always hear chirping about how expensive Macs are but considering the whole package, I think they are a great deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci. Depuis ma demande j'ai acheté un nv pc mac.
Thanks for your message🤗

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For iMac 2010/2011 users running High Sierra like me

This worked for me on an iMac mid 2010:

1. Uninstall all previous versions of Adobe CC (I mean, all software including the Creative Cloud App)
  2. Download 2019 versions of the software you need from ProDesignTools (or 2020 versions. If you still have them, leave me a message)
  3. Important: Disconnect from the internet!
  4. Install your software, work your way up by year, beginning with 2019, then 2020, then 2021 (if you wish to test, so far only up to 2020 worked for me).
  5. Connect to the internet and allow Creative Cloud to update and retrieve your licensing info.
  6. Done!

High Sierra only supports 2020 or earlier version of Adobe software. However, if you engage a chat with the chat agent, they will provide you with only a handful of 2020 software, as Adobe has a policy of keeping only one or two versions back (in my case, out of 10 software, they provided me with only 3 2020 software, while the rest were 2021 or later).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you find the old versions when offline? This works for photoshop too? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disconnect from the internet AFTER you've downloaded the necessary installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes worked for Photoshop 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Abu Masnur. You are a clever man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once upon a time CC made available many previous versions of Adobe software, so one could update incrementally, to the latest version that's compatible with one's OS. No longer -- like Apple's iOS, it's the latest version or nothing. I'll stop here before I become undiplomatic, but will say that, for me (who, like the user above, is using an older system because it's stable, and upgrading would cause me to lose access to some programs), I prefer stability over the latest iteration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 27in iMac with high Sierra 10.13.6. I have also been paying for the subscription of Adobe CC for years. Now do I to buy a new computer, because they no longer support my system? This is so absurd! Hate Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines