Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Photoshop not printing my registration marks

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im really frustrated im new to screen printing but iam trying to print A 2 COLOR image in which i need 3 screens but when i print the image that i made in illustrator to photoshop so i could seperate the colors when i print there are no registration marks!! Can u please tell me what in the world iam doing wrong? They are clearly on my design right before i press print but no registration marks end up printing can someone please help me i would appreciate ya. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a screenshot of the page setup in your print driver and also the image dimensions of the Photoshop document from the image size dialog? Is it possible the page setup specified is smaller than this document and thus the crop marks are getting cut off?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im really frustrated im new to screen printing but iam trying to print A 2 COLOR image in which i need 3 screens but when i print the image that i made in illustrator to photoshop so i could seperate the colors when i print there are no registration marks!! Can u please tell me what in the world iam doing wrong? They are clearly on my design right before i press print but no registration marks end up printing can someone please help me i would appreciate ya. 

By @Richard24903482wbvc

Illustrator can separate, you shouldn't need to go to Photoshop for that.

What colour are the rego marks created in Illustrator?

I am presuming that these are marks that you created, not auto-generated rego marks from the print settings.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no they are not... im kind of new to photoshop so the only place i know to seperate for colors for screen printing is in photoshop not really sure how to do that in illustrator

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can search for 'how to print separations in illustrator"...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Richard24903482wbvc wrote:

i know to seperate for colors for screen printing is in photoshop not really sure how to do that in illustrator

Here is the link for the Illustrator forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/ct-p/ct-illustrator

Crop marks (trim marks) and bleed marks in Print dialog:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/printers-marks-bleeds.html

Crop mark and trim marks around a selection:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/specify-crop-marks-trimming-or.html

Illustrator also has a Separations panel (Window menu) so you can preview the separations. 

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines