• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not saving to Lightroom

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the update for Photoshop and the Lightroom CC install.

You can open an image from Lightroom CC to Photoshop but when I go to save the image back into Lightroom...the link isn't working. It acts like it is saving (which goes a lot faster than normal) but the copy doesn't make it to Lightroom.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

OS X 10.13

There aren't the dual images like I get in Lightroom Classic CC. The function actually works perfectly still in the Classic version of Lightroom...just not in the new CC that syncs with mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

You have to close the file before it shows up in the new lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  This was driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you get an answer as cant see, this forum is as easy to use as adobe products lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and lost my work in Photoshop as a result of that.

Photoshop does not appear to be saving at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is not saving its edits back to Lightroom. Why? Can you manage to go a week without a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop doesn't save anywhere but to disk. Nothing is ever saved "to" Lightroom, there are no images "in" Lightroom.

This is handled by a background Lightroom script that tracks the file's location through "Edit in Photoshop" and adds it to the Lightroom catalog. For this to work, Lightroom needs to remain open throughout the whole process, otherwise the tracking stops.

Try the Lightroom forum. There may be a bug here, but it generally works for other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this. Lightroom is the problem. The forum takes time and singularly never yields anything of relevance. It’s time they fixed Lightroom. Last month it was camera raw. Now this. I have a paying client waiting for their engagement photos. I do not have time to restart my pc to reload whatever drivers are the problem/conflicted to get EVERY SINGLE tiff file to load into Lightroom as it’s supposed to, and does for the first photoshop edit and save when Lr is first opened. Both programs remain open. Edit in photoshop only works the first time I use it. Restarting Lightroom doesn’t fix it. Only restarting the system does.

I’m a photographer, not a software engineer. Time is money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur!!  So tired of Adobe updates.  I waited to update my Mac and Adobe for this reason, and here we are 6 montyhs later, I updated and regret regret regret!  ARGH!  I still can't find an answer within all these threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rsutton198,

This is a late response, but I had this same issue going from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop (then saving back to lightroom) and found that if I save the file as the original pictures name in the same folder then "-Edit" as a .tif file it opens in lightroom.

Ex: IMG_8402-Edit.tif

Hopefully this helps someone. Normally the process works just fine for me and I can avoid this process but sometimes I have to take this additional step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont understand why everyone is having difficulty understanding what he is saying he is having difficulty with. The process that everyone is familiar with is: You edit a photo in Lightroom and then you would like to further edit the image in Photoshop. You click Edit in > Photoshop with a copy to LR. You are taken to PS and you continue to edit your photo, save and close. Then you should be taken back to LR and your edited image (with all edits from PS) should be appearing in LR automatically.  What he is saying is this is not happening.  

Now this is not happneing for me in Photoshop 2020. So that's nice.  I can't get this fixed to save my life.  Ugh! Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it should have an image number with the -2 extension on it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to close the file, I just get the dialogue: save on the cloud or on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines