• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop perations / actions with cached CSV files

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone, I have a problem with Photoshop, and more specifically with variables ... I am explaining what is going on step by step:
step 1. I have prepared a CSV file with variables for photoshop (15 records)
step 2. I record an operation that opens the project, loads the file with variables and, on its basis, exports PSD files to the selected directory (15 separate files)
step 3 stops recording the action - I check the action is working properly
And up to this point, everything is fine.
step 4.open the previously prepared CSV file with variables, delete 5 records from it (10 remain) and save the file with the unchanged name
step 5. I run the previously recorded operation and photoshop instead of 10 PSD files throws me 15 PSD files as it was originally in the CSV file with variables ----- WHY IS IT like that?
Does photoshop load the CSV file with variables somewhere in the cache and use it all the time until you manually point it to the new file?
Does photoshop not load a CSV file with variables every time it runs an actio

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the variables are set in Photoshop by import, the .csv is no longer referenced. If your expectation is a live link between the data source file and Photoshop, this is not the case.

You would need to clear the variables/data sets before the next run of the action for it to pull in the revised data again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can't it be done in a different way? eg cleaning cashe or in yet another?

I just have a lot of actions that photoshop does automatically, in which case I have to record every action from scratch every time I want to use different variables.

and is it possible to edit a previously recorded action to point to the file with the variable again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines