• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop previews CMYK files as black.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some time I have been having an issue with Photoshop with previewing CMYK files. It happens when I open old CMYK files also when I create new ones. The preview of the file is just black. When I swich to RGB they preview ok. When I switch back to CMYK it's fine. All my channels are on. Profile is set to FOGRA39. I tried changing it but it didn't help.

Version of PS: 23.2.1
macOS Monterey 12.2.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Hmm. It renders fine on my machine.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale setting somewhere:
Restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Does it work correctly?
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.
If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share one of your affected PSD files? (use CC files or Dropbox to share a link to download)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Even though I don't think there's something wrong with the file. Here's how it looks for me.Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 14.28.36.png
https://we.tl/t-Pdn57NbJp8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. It renders fine on my machine.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale setting somewhere:
Restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Does it work correctly?
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.
If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resetting preferences fixed it 😄
Thank you 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines