• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop "Remove" tool on MacBook Pro (Nov 2023) Apple M3 Pro is incredibly laggy

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my laptop and the Photoshop "Remove" tool is laggier than on my older laptop. All Adobe programs are updated. Is it my computer? Something else? Can I get more power from somewhere else? Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Found a work/solution around to improve processing speed - when the Remove tool is in sue, make sure to select "Never use generative AI" from the tool setting dopr down at the top of the workspace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gab.  I just tried it with a 100 pixel brush with an M2 MBP on a 4K image, and it is pretty much instant.  

What is your image size (in pixels) and remove tool brush size?

What are your Preferences > Image Processing settings?  (This is from a Windows system as it is easier to get the screen shots, but my MBP has the same settings)

image.png

What else is running?

I did wonder if this needs an Internet connection, but it seems to work OK with wifi turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Trevor - my images are typically 7323 x 5265 pixels (240 ppi), brunch size is mostly hovering between 80-200. I just switched over my Image Processer settings to the ones you've shared but I'm not noticing a difference. I'm attaching of an example of how I'm utilizing the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a work/solution around to improve processing speed - when the Remove tool is in sue, make sure to select "Never use generative AI" from the tool setting dopr down at the top of the workspace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Gab25429198zo66 Oh dear so "generative AI" is hogging your processor! Not ideal.

Use of AI is bringing solutions for some and issues for others in every sphere of life it seems

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered.
Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines