Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop "Updates"

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've been using photoshop as an interior designer for 20+ years. Mainly as post process for 3D renders, photo editing and adding textures to sketched visuals. 

Over that time there have been numerous updates to PS, perhaps they improve the workflow for users from other professions but the net result for me feels like the software is more cumbersome, less stable with more processes added to tasks.

I don't generally complain but some of the latest tweaks are most irritating:

SAVE AS:
Why cant I just save as jpg/png as before, why do I need to go save a copy then save as jpg. I create hundreds of visuals, reference images a week and this added process is very frustrating. When I first stared using photoshop you went save as, chose a format and PS would remember your most recent format choice for next time you saved. Perfect!

Why the insistence on using psd/tiff which generally create a larger file which causes problems with storage, file size, render time. Flattening the psd is an option but again an additional process. Pdf is there in save as but pdfs don't preview the same in the windows (10)browser, which is important when selecting from hundreds of thumbnail images when building an image reference presentation.

ZOOM + SHORTCUTS

After the last update the shortcuts stopped working, I had to hit a key multiple times before it would settle on the selected tool. The shortcuts are such a fundamental part of using the software, how was this missed before releasing? And ZOOM! Now when I click zoom to incrementally enlarge an image it performs the same action on all the other images in the workspace. The zoom window isn't right either. If I draw a zoom window I expect the result to work to the extents of the drawn window. Instead it zooms in nearly twice as much. Again basic stuff embedded in workflow which has been missed as part of the update review process.

If I was cynical I would say the continual tinkering with the software is in some way to justify the subscription fee. You have a great suite of products and you should respect that with a really detailed and considered review process of updates and their implications to different all groups. Over the past few years it seems changes are made and you wait until people complain to find out if they have helped or hindered.

If you could fix the zoom tool and bring back "save as whatever you like" and PS will remember your last choice that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For the SaveAs, you can revert that in the preferences.

2022-07-20 10_21_16-Untitled-1 @ 41.3% (RGB_8) _.png

For the Tools issue, have you tried resetting the Tools

2022-07-20 10_21_43-Untitled-1 @ 41.3% (RGB_8) _.png

If that doesn't help, try a preference reset, you should backup any custom settings you have beforehand

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

2022-07-20 10_27_11-Untitled-1 @ 41.3% (RGB_8) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ged!!! Zoom is working as before and save options reverted. Thats a big help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines