Photoshop resets my preferences every few weeks

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do animation with a low pixel count raster art style, and I have to change a lot of settings in photoshop from the defaults to get it to work how I want it to. Turning anti-aliasing off and nearest neighbour on wherever possible and all that. But every few weeks to every few days, it seems to be at random, photoshop will reset all of my preferences to default. Sometimes it will even corrupt the file I was last working on, which basically destroys days of work.

This has been a nightmare for too long, and nothing I've tried seems to work. Resetting the preferences manually, it still happens. When I try to work with only cloud files, it still happens. Making sure my internet is always connected before I boot up photoshop, closing files properly, satanic rituals, nothing works. I need a solution here.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Quinn235512839ajd sorry to hear this. Do you have any idea how long this issue has been around, what Ps version you first noticed it?

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines