• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Save As Making Copy Instead of Overwriting

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, running Photoshop 21.1.0 on Catalina 10.15.3. This has been happening for a few versions of Photoshop now: When using Save As to overwrite an existing file, it prompts if you want to Overwrite, but saves a copy instead. It doesn't seem like a Preferences thing since it's prompting. Anybody else running into this problem/finding a solution? Come on Adobe, I know it's the apocalypse and everything, but why is every update getting buggier and buggier? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not addressing Adobe here, this is a user Forum. 

I am not seeing the issue on 21.1.1 and macOS 10.15.3, so you could try updating or looking for a Bug Report over on 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/

Which medium are you trying to save to – local disc, network, …? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saving to local disk. It's still happening on 21.1.1 for me. Going to dig around on the forums some more and see if I can find a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an ongoing bug for lots of people, even with the newest version of Photoshop. Seems to be a Photoshop/Catalina bug. For anyone else with this problem, this forum is staying pretty up to date with it.

Hopefully Adobe fixes this with the next update, but there's a workaround for now if you're trying to Save As and replace an existing PNG, JPG, GIF or SVG (no luck yet if you're having this problem with TIFF or PDF files): 

File > Export > Export As does replace the desired file and does not save a copy like the glitchy Save As command. It's more time consuming, but maybe not as time consuming as manually finding the saved file, deleting the old one, and renaming the copy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!!

I have MBP OS Catalina 10.15.3 and Photoshop 21.1.1 lateast release. Somebody please help, Save and Replace is so BASIC of a functionality. i hate Catalina so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I am going nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue even I updated the newest version of photoshop.  why so many people have the same issue but Adobe can't fix the prolem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines