• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop_Set-up.exe won't run

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer recently had a major failure and I had to reformat and install a new C drive. I'm trying to reinstall photoshop after redownloading it from the site, but it refuses to run at all. I click on it, it thinks for a split second, then does nothing. I've tried turning my firewall off, still the same result. I try run as administrator, it gives me a yes or no prompt if I want to install, then nothing. I am struggling and I don't see anything on the forums with the exact same problem, it's usually that it runs, but it won't install, not that it won't run at all like this.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop is in question? What is source of installation files? Can you install other apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NecrochildK a couple things to try:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cc.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Let us know if any of these get you back up and running, if so, then as @Bojan Živković said, it would be good to see your Ps sysinfo:

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is 24.3, install file is coming directly from the one in my Adobe account on the official website. I can install other apps, I haven't tried other Adobe apps though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no error message to check the error code on. There is no log even. It just simply doesn't do anything when clicked. There is no Photoshop installed, it's the install file that refuses to run. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood @NecrochildK please try the steps in the link below to see if you are able to install and open Ps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what kind of file you downloaded, but what you need to do is download the CC desktop application. Once that is installed, log in with your username and password, and install Photoshop from there. The CC desktop app is your installer/uninstaller/updater/general application manager.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html 

Put it on your desktop. Once downloaded, it looks like this:

cc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I didn't know I needed to install Creative Cloud to do it. I was just getting the setup file straight from my purchased products page on the website. 😕 Feels a little annoying to have to install a program to install another program, especially when I don't use any other Adobe tools. But it is what it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem as you. but I cant even install the Creative Cloud when im clicking on it literally NOTHING happens. What did u do? Did it just work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue as well, not sure what the problem is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines