Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop shortcut to dodge midtones and other shortcut for highlights

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i wonder if it is possible to setup a separate tool shortcut to dodge midtones and other shortcut for highlights?

thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not an exact answer to your question, but I had a thought, and it worked out completely.

Select your Dodge or Burn tool, and set brush preset, tonal range and opacity, and create a new preset.

Make sure you have Include Tool Settings checked, and give it a meaningful name.

Those tools are now a right click away, providing you have the relevant group (assuming you made a new group).

I hadn't tried this before, and didn't know if Include Tool Settings would also record Options Bar settings, but it does work.

I'm going to find this useful, so I thank you for the prompt. 

BTW   You could make actions to select these presets, and give them shortcuts.  I made this list of shortcuts that could be 'borrowed' a while back, because I use them with Gaming keyboard G-Key single key commands.  The thing to remember with this is that you can save custom shortcuts with custom workspaces, and switch back to the Essentials Workspace if you ever need to use the default shortcut.  I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines