• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop shortcuts keep changing by itself every single time I restart the app.

New Here ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CS6 Photoshop (Mac).

Suddenly its shortcuts stopped working and I tried to use drop down menu with my mouse. then I found that the shortcuts looks funny and messy without me touching shortcut settings whatsoever.

I restarted Photoshop, then it's now different sets of them, almost alien language to me, and I restart the app then another funny sets of shortcuts.

I've read another person experiencing similar situation but she's using CC and that her problem was to do with syncing issues but mine is not.

I'm wondering how I can fix this problem and is there a possibility that my computer is hacked or something????

Please help..It scares me..

Screenshot 2019-05-12 at 7.31.26 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-05-12 at 7.39.40 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-05-12 at 8.03.44 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sound like your User ID Photoshop Preferences may have become corrupt.  Try using menu Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts

Option+Shift+CMD+K use the Set pulldown and select Photoshop Defaults and click OK.  Close and restart Photoshop see if shortcuts have been fixed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JJMack for answering my question:)

After restarting my computer like 5 times, it suddenly returned to normal. Actually this thing happened a month ago as well, but at that time, restarting the computer about twice fixed the issue, so I didn't even bothered to ask question.

This time it wasn't and I was scared..and I didn't want to make it default since I have changed quite some shortcuts myself. I wonder if I can save the current set of shortcuts, so that I can reset the setting at any times like this.

But for now, I'm back to work..at least:)

Thanks a lot, I'll try your method if it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Art+K  wrote

I wonder if I can save the current set of shortcuts, so that I can reset the setting at any times like this.

Instructions on how to save shortcuts here

Customize keyboard shortcuts in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I know this thread is very old, but I couldn't help but notice that you are using a Korean keyboard, which I do as well. My theory is that if you boot photoshop up with the Korean keyboard selected, it messes the shortcuts up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU! I was having this problem, and it turns out that having the Japanese keyboard enabled was what was causing this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines