• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop sizing vs print sizing - not printing correctly

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have no idea what happened but for years I've been printing cards that I make from photoshop to my Canon TS9120 printer and it has been fine. The other day I decided to print a smaller card and changed the settings, and when I went back to print my normal size cards everything has been off. I am using a Mac laptop.

The size of my cards are 5x5 H x 8.5 W (they are folded cards so they have my main design on half of it, and my logo/website on the other half.

My image size is set up as this in photoshop, and in my printer. When I press print from Photoshop, this is what I see - I have it set on landscape for the layout and on the same image size. I do not have "scale to fit" selected. See images below. 

When I print it out it is not aligned correctly. There is about an inch of white space at the bottom of the card once it's been printed and folded (essentially as if the whole floral part as shifted to the left in layout mode) and the website has been cut off.

I have also tried printing from a saved PDF and that does not solve the problem either. What do I need to do to make this better?

I've been trying to find my solution on the forums and haven't been able to, so I appreciate all of the help - thank you in advance!

Michelle

Photoshop image size.pngPhotoshop print settings.pngPrinter settings.png

printed card.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you print from Preview? Just trying to see if the problem lies with Photoshop or your Printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview looks correct but when I printed it out it was not correct. Does that mean it's a printer problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your document size is 8.5 x 5.5 and your paper is 8.5 x 5.5 do you have a borderless option in your print driver, and is it set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the border setting is off in the print driver - see image below. I'm not super familiar with the print driver so not positive if I am looking at the right thing 

Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 11.23.46 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's the Canon side of the fence. Unless someone here is familar with this printer model, it's best to contact Canon support.

Here the section for Borderless printing for the Canon TS9100 and how to set it up.

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/TS9100%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_borderless.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop uses whatever specs it receives from the printer driver software, so that determines the margins. On my Canon color laser printer (and also my Epson inkjet printer where I print cards) margins are primarily set by the selected paper size. In the animation below you can see how the margins indicated in the Photoshop Print preview depend on whether I selected the Statement or Statement (Print Area-Large) paper size.

Photoshop-Canon-Paper-Size-Statement-Print-Area-Large.gif

On my inkjet printer, I will get uneven margins (image not centered) if it has somehow defaulted to a generic (not printer-specific) paper size with uneven margins. To solve that, I need to go into Print Settings, verify that the Printer is set to the actual printer brand and model (not Any Printer, which is generic), and then select a Paper Size provided by that printer driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines