• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop stopping on startup at Initializing menus

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has just started stopping on initializing menus on the splash page it comes up when i click on it "not responding"

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the programme as well as using the Ctrl Alt shirt to clear out preferences....

Still no luck... I have some urgent jobs that need doing and I need this to be working. It was working fine yesterday but today its not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the Dialog?

If it use to work try resetting your preferences. Start Photoshop immediately if not sooner press and hold Ctrl+Shift+Alt.  If done quickly on time Photoshop will pop-up a dialog asking if you want to delete your Preferences. Reply Yes see if Photoshop then starts OK.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not reset Preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tired this again just on the hope that I wasn't clicking the right buttons.

But this is something I have already tried and unfortunately it still didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the Dialog do you want to delete your Preferences and did you reply Yes?  If not delete your Preferences manually.

Photoshop CS6 preference file functions, names, locations

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and I have deleted my preferences using the CTRL ALT SHIFT and I am running as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get the splash screen you should see messages that change in the splash window while Photoshop is starting up. These messages state what Photoshop is currently processing during the start up process. What is the message being displayed when Photoshop start up hangs?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down the Shift key when starting Photoshop.  If that fixes it, then look at your plugins and extensions.

It would be helpful to know what OS you are using, but if the Shift key trick did not help, I'd next be checking fonts.

Troubleshoot fonts issues in Adobe Photoshop CC, 2015, 2014, CS6, CS5

[EDIT]  I have just noticed your user name, and I'm thinking you are a Mac user.  That gives you more options for fixing font issues as per the guide I linked to above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this post is five years old an people have probably moved on.

I was curious to know what OS this was and what version of Photoshop was being used. Was it CC? I  am still using Photoshop CS6 and having this issue. If it is the CC version, aren't folks supposed to be getting Adobe support  as long as they subscribe to Adobe?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines