• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Stroke issue with a particular type of brush only.

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have combined two brushes using dual brush. Separately they don't create any issue like this-

When I stroke with the pen from left to righ then again on the left to another area (without taking up the pen), it gives a second stroke over the left behind stroke. It doesn't happen with another brush that I made with the dual brush method. 

Also, I have seen this before also with some (single-single, not dual brush) brushes separately in different photoshop versions.

I couldn't get any solution. Does anyone know?

I have attatched a video also.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more complex and the larger the brush tip, the slower it will draw on canvas.  Double that by using 2 complex brush tips set to 200px with spacing set to 1% and smoothing applied, you'll get very slow strokes.  I can't see what your Smoothing setting is set to in the options bar but there are also options that you can toggle on/off by clicking on the gear icon next to Smoothing that might help (Stroke Catch-up, Catch-up on Stroke End).  To make the applied strokes faster, increase your spacing to around 5% and turn smoothing off.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I watched your video again and it looks like the dual brush is 244px, larger than the primary and is getting applied again when they come close to the current stroke again.  The way to avoid that is to make the dual smaller than the primary or primary bigger than the dual one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines