• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop taking literally hundreds of gigabytes from a simple tiny document

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to describe the issue here, but basically, the "system data" on my mac is taking up basically half of my 1TB drive, and I have done hours of diagnostics to finally determine that the perpetrator is photoshop. Every time I edit even a simple document with maybe 10 total photos, each 1 megabyte large, the action takes forever to load (I am on a souped up M1 macbook pro) AND I can see my system storage grow by anywhere from 10-50 GB PER EDIT. After I restart the computer, I gain all of the storage back, but my job revolves around photoshop, and I get about 5 minutes of edit time in any document before I'm completely out of space on my drive. I have tried every solution I could think of: clearing cache, clearing tmp files, allocating more and less scratch disk space, but I am literally stuck. This just started happening today, nothing changed on my computer from yesterday. Please help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

I found out that it was something to do with Creative Cloud storing a million versions of the file every time I made a change, so I just paused cloud syncing and the issue was fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging into another Mac user account (you should make a new one); still the same issue? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting*), still the same issue? 
On your Mac, choose Apple menu () > Shut Down.
After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.
Press and hold the power button until the startup disks and Options appear.
Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.

Also view: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-scratch-disk-is-full.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to get it out of the way - check your measurement units...not inches instead of pixels, by any chance? Then you can easily end up with an enormous file.

What are the pixel dimensions, btw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found out that it was something to do with Creative Cloud storing a million versions of the file every time I made a change, so I just paused cloud syncing and the issue was fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines