Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Telling Me The Disk Is Full When Saving

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue saving from photoshop. I edit all of my photos in LR, send it to PS via command "E", edit it in PS, then command "S" to send it back to LR with the PS edits. All of a sudden photoshop is not saving it /sending it back to LR. I keep getting an error saying the disk is out of space. It is not referring to the scratch disk because I have already cleared it. I also have gone to my creative cloud and there is nothing in it. Lastly, my computer space still has over 440 GB available and my hard drive I work off of has 143 MB still available. This is only one photo, not a bunch of them, so I have no clue! Lol

Maybe my first step is understanding where the edit is saving when I go to send it back to LR? I am not sure, as I have not be able to locate any of my older works that were successful via this process. 

Sorry if this is super naive of me but I have no clue how the "inner" structure of adobe works haha. 

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

…Lastly, my computer space still has over 440 GB available and my hard drive I work off of has 143 MB still available.…

Maybe my first step is understanding where the edit is saving when I go to send it back to LR? I am not sure, as I have not be able to locate any of my older works that were successful via this process.

By @Shelby5CAA

If you are using the Edit In Photoshop command in Lightroom Classic, then where Photoshop saves the new Photoshop copy is the same folder as the original raw file. Maybe that is a clue, because…

…you said “the hard drive I work off has 143MB still available.” Do you mean the original files cataloged by Lightroom Classic are on that hard drive? Because that could very well reveal the cause. If it literally has 143MB of hard drive space available, then there is practically no space left on it. 143MB is only 0.143GB, or 0.000143TB. (There are 1000MB in a GB, and 1000GB in a TB).

So for example, if that is a 500GB hard drive with 143MB available, only 0.03% is available…basically zero free space. A single Photoshop file can easily be well over 100MB, so if it wants to do the usual thing and save it to the same folder as the raw original, there really could be no space left.

If those numbers are correct, the solution is to free up a lot of space on the hard drive you work off of; or get a larger one, copy everything to it, and relink the Lightroom Classic catalog to the new larger hard drive.

And yes, it is confusing to think about megabytes (MB), gigabytes (GB), and terabytes (TB). So it’s not just you, I had to do some Googling and calculating just to figure out these numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines