• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop v 23.1 not loading

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the latest update today v 23.1 and the application fails to startup. Reverted back to version 23.0 and works fine.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of the operating system you are using?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps after seeing that issue? Have you installed the Creative Cloud Desktop Application?

Please update Photoshop to 23.1 and try to open the application, if that doesn't load then check the Task Manager to check if Photoshop is running in the background processes or not.

Try resetting the preferences of Photoshop by: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Backup your preferences before resetting by: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2

64-bit operating system. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz

64.0 GB (63.6 GB usable)

Use the Creative Cloud Desktop app for all my Adobe applications.

Reset my preferences in Photoshop, restarted and then installed the current Photoshop v 23.1 and still it begins to load then just closes out. 

Does not show up in my task manager window. 

I am reverting back to a previous state of Photoshop so I can perform my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to mark the application to always run as an administrator.
1. On the Start menu, locate the program that you want to always run as an administrator.
2. Right-click the application’s shortcut, and then click Properties.
3. In the Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.
4. Do one of the following:

• To apply the setting to the currently logged-on user, select the Run This Program As An Administrator check box, and then click OK.
  • To apply the setting to all users on the computer and regardless of which shortcut is used to start the application, click Change Setting For All Users to display the Properties dialog box for the application’s .exe file, select the Run This Program As An Administrator check box, and then click OK twice.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand the steps you are suggesting here. The current version of Photoshop 23.1 will not run. Starts and then quits. Reverted back to the 23.0.2 version and it loads and is operational.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy, how does one revert back to a previous version? This is happeneing to me as well on a relatively comparable system. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Creative Cloud Desktop app click the three ... next to the program you want to install older version of

Old-Versions.jpg

From there you can install older versions. 23.0.2 is the last one that works well for me. The 23.1 version doesn't.

Old-Versions2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

got ir, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines