Photoshop v 23.4.1 Crop Tool is not working correctly

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With version 23 of Photoshop, the crop tool is not presenting with guides and is destructive.  I have not changed any of my preferences.  The Enable Narrows Option is not checked in Edit > Preferences > Workspace and the "Delete Cropped Pixels" on the crop tool option bar is not checked.  Please help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Creative Cloud with current version 23.4.1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might have started after I installed Lightroom Classic.  De-installing Lightroom Classic does not fix the problem.  I've also updated my NVIDIA driver on Windows 10 but that isn't helping either.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics card is enabled

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I NEED HELP from ADOBE.  Please respond.  You are messing up my processes and it's wrong!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I was using 22.5.6 and have had that version for awhile and have never had this issue until today. When I couldn't figure out how to fix it, I did an update to 23.4.1 assuming it would fix the issue but it's still happening.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@maureenw8322384 wrote:

With version 23 of Photoshop, the crop tool is not presenting with guides and is destructive. 

In what way is the Crop tool "destructive". This is vague and unfortunately does not tell us anything.

Can you show two screenshots, both with the Crop tool and the image:

• one at the beginning when you first select the Crop tool
  • one just before you accept the crop (assuming we can see the issue here)
  • more if needed

A video would also help.

Please tell us what you want the Crop tool to do and also what it is actually doing.

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke to Adobe Support and had to simply reset the crop tool. The reset
process works for all tools. Right now, I'm not at a computer with
Photoshop, but it involves hovering over the tool and going to the cog
wheel and selecting to reset. I didn't change anything with my process and
it appears to be a software update issue but the fix was simple.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Lates version of CC. So I posted a new "Discussion" with screen shots.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for my delay in responding and am now at my computer with CC Photoshop v23.4.1.  The fix per Adobe Support is to reset the Crop Tool.  A similar process can be executed on any tool that is misbehaving.    

Select Crop Tool > Select Crop dropdown in Context Spectfic Option for the tool (just below the menu bar) > Select Cogwheel > Reset Tool.  See the screenshot attached.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I have NO crop tool! There is NO icon for that. I placed a screen shot of my present tool bar. There is NO CROP Tool anywhere. Please review the screen shots I provided. I looked everywhere for the Crop Tool.

I have also noticed the the "LIne Tool" with the arrow head is gone also! If I select the Line Tool, draw a line and release the cursor, the entire line disappears!

I don't know what Adobe did with the latest version but my entire Tool bar is messed up.

Thanks for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DanPBPhoto wrote:

I have the same issue. Lates version of CC. So I posted a new "Discussion" with screen shots.

Hi Dan,

Do you mean this thread where you couldn't find your crop tool?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/pscc-v-23-4-1-no-crop-tool-anywhere/m... 

If so, yours is not the same issue. Maureen didn't lose her Crop tool; she just reset the options for the tool back to their defaults.

https://photoshoptrainingchannel.com/tips/reset-tools-default-state/

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it probably is. After I read Maureen's post, I tried everything that was suggested.

Nothing happened and I did not have any icon for the Crop Tool.

I am not new to Ps and never experienced this kind of problem in over 20+ years.

Thanks!

Dan

I am not at that computer yet but will review all the suggestions and respond. Again thanks!

Dan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Jane!

Thanks!

Dan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines