• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop version

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the User Guide for Photoshop 24.1.0 but I came across this when typing in Photoshop User Guide.
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/archive.html

This says Photoshop CS6.
Is this the correct User Guide?
My program says that I have version 24.1.0. So what is CS6? Is this a different Photoshop subcription and program?
Kind Regards
Wayne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Sounds rather confusing.
Users  often just end up here starting from the help menu in the program itself, the creative cloud or my Adobe Account home page. The top of this page says 'Adobe Community ' so this looks like the correct forum to the link you have provided.
Seems the biggest time drain is navigating the Help. shouldnt be different Creative Cloud or Adobe.com sites.
Basic questions like this should be in a/the User guide in the first place. But I'll try and remember that link to get Help ....in this case, on how to get ....help? Hope this might be some help.
But I can't guarantee I might come thru the same channel next time.
Kind Regards

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Flemgooz1 

The last PDF for Photoshop Help is not for CS6; it the one that was updated in 2019.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/photoshop_reference.pdf

Adobe thought the online help was equivalent to the PDF, although users disagreed and complained of the online version as not having as much depth. Conrad has posted the link to the online version, so I won't repeat it.

Don't worry if you end up in the "wrong" forum. It takes us less than a minute to move a post and it's not your job to know the Adobe forums as well as we do. We are happy to move posts to a place where they will get a better answer. You can see all the forums here: https://community.adobe.com/

Remember that if the coverage in Help is sparse or you simply want more information on a topic, you can start a new post here and we can fill in details based on our personal experience.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of things going on here.

Photoshop CS6 is the last non-subscription version of Photoshop, originally released in 2012. It is no longer current, so that manual only partially matches up with the current version, too much has changed.

The other thing is that link led to a PDF manual. Adobe used to provide the manual in PDF format, but they don’t do that any more, it’s all HTML now, either in a web browser or in the app itself.

The link to the current version of the User Guide is:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/user-guide.html

Usually, if there isn’t a special note on a certain page you’re reading, that page should still apply to Photoshop 24.1. However, some pages may or may not be clear enough which version of Photoshop they apply to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My program says that I have version 24.1.0. So what is CS6?

A very old version from 2012. Technically it was version 13. CS6 was the last perpetually licensed version before subscriptions came in. We've had 11 major upgrades since then to bring us to version 24 today.

You can see the versions listed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why am I directed to that when I simply request an efficient user manual in pdf?

Doesnt the html require internet connection? Or just download as a html,but can view offline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why am I directed to that when I simply request an efficient user manual in pdf?

By @Flemgooz1

Part of the answer was in my reply. I think the sequence went something like this (I’m assuming, so I could be wrong):

1. You asked a web search engine for a Photoshop manual in PDF.

2. As I mentioned, Adobe stopped providing PDF versions of the manual several years ago.

3. Because of #2, the search engine could not find a current PDF manual for Photoshop, but it managed to find a PDF manual for the old CS6 version, so that is what it showed you. (Note that the end of the URL path is “archive”.)

Or just download as a html,but can view offline?

By @Flemgooz1

I just did an experiment where I disabled the network on my computer, and chose Help > Photoshop Help. Photoshop displayed an error, so it looks like, unfortunately, help is available only when an Internet connection is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesnt the html require internet connection?

By @Flemgooz1

Yes and Adobe - and most large software vendors - assumes that everyone has a high speed internet connection 24/7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Luckily a constant Internet connection isn’t required for everything...yet. It’s still been possible to get work done using local code when not connected, like in a remote area or on an airliner. But, it is getting harder as they put more resources online, such as cloud processing of AI, filters not yet downloaded, help files, tutorials…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is CS6? Is this a different Photoshop subcription and program?

By @Flemgooz1

CS6 was the last perpetual version before the subscription model.

Use Help from the menu in Photoshop for the latest information.

Also see here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/view-all-tutorials.html

and here:

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines