• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop wants to run commands when opening?

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open Photoshop, whether directly or when importing from Lightroom, Photoshop opens with a series of error messages, "Steve Workspace is not available" (doesn't exist) "layer via copy is not available," "color matching is not available," then another "layer via copy is not available." (see attached jpg for an example)

Once I clear the error messages, Photoshop runs normally. But this should not be happening, did not happen before recent Adobe Creative Cloud updates, and is a pain and time consuming to have to clear each time.

Windows 11, LR Classic 11.5, PS 23.5.1

Suggestions for fixing this would be appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

go to file -> scripts -> script events manager and uncheck "enable events to run scripts/actions"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like it's stuck in a loop, trying to run an action or something. Reset your preferences in Photoshop. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That's actually the first thing I did, but unfortunately without success. I also uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled, but still got the error - so it's hiding somewhere on my computer (Win 11).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to file -> scripts -> script events manager and uncheck "enable events to run scripts/actions"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BINGO! That was it (scripts)...many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines