Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Warp (Wrap, Perspective Warp etc) tool behaving in erratic fashion

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App version 24.1, OS windows 11 updated to the latest version 22H2

I am experiencing error while wrapping an image in photoshop.

Photoshop Error.png

as can be seen above the image transforms on the opposite end of the actual manipulation. This holds true for perspective warp as well. Would request your help on the same.

Regards,

Ananth Maiya 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not reproduce problem running 24.1 on Windows.

warp.jpg

Have you tried with preference reset what can solve weird problems in Photoshop https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for the prompt reply...

I tried resetting preferences, but I am still facing the same problem. When I apply warp and select one point to transform, the transformation gets applied on the opposite end. For now I have installed a downgraded version of photoshop and it seems to be working fine here. Except I am still not able to use the perspective warp correcty... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 10, PS v24.1

Screenshot 2023-01-14 174916.jpgScreenshot 2023-01-14 175033.jpgScreenshot 2023-01-14 175102.jpg

1 - Applied Warp to upper-right handle

2 -Distortion is displayed but Image flips vertically

3- Commit transform and image is filled back, with distortion displayed correctly.

Similar behavior is happening with Perspective Warp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"flipped back" is what I meant up there ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I face same problem on latest version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem, I tried to convert the layer to smart object and thus I was able to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes converting plain yayer to smart object lets us use the wrap correctly but thats a temporary solution. Making smartobjects make the file size big and its annoying to convert layers to smart object for even small adjustments. Let us hope this bug gets improved in upcoming versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines