• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will not let me open pics from my computer!

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Photoshop CC 2022 a few days ago and it was working fine before but now it will not allow me to open any pictures to work on that are saved on my computer. When I go to open it opens the selection window but it make its look like all my photos, videos and captures are nonexistent in their folders. It's weird because it WILL allow me to import video frames to layers so I can make gifs. I use Windows 11. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @wewereromans, have you been able to open photos yet? Can you show us screenshots of what you are seeing? Are you saying that if you launch File Explorer, you can see all your image files in their folders and directories, but when you use Photoshop to open an image, they don't appear? Are you sure you have set the file type to All Formats in the open dialogue box? If you try to open files from another app, such as Bridge or Acrobat, do the image files show up?

JainLemos_0-1662322013283.png

Here are some other troubleshooting steps:

Reset Preferences. Instructions are here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Run the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

If these steps don't work, in Photoshop under Help > System Info, copy and paste the text in a new reply here, and we'll take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines