• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop window size to capture for Instagram?

Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

You may have noticed a lot of little video tutorials on Instagram (Logothis or logothat…).

They are all squared.

It is not possible to my knowledge to ask Photoshop (or Illustrator) to resize the app to a square ratio… And on the top of that, the square should  include menus on Mac and retina display…

So I made this image with Illustrator (1920/1080) and use as a screen background on LG 4K and it works. It is squared with menus included. The right part is transparent…

INSTA.png

So here is the result without and with photoshop ready for video capture (i.e. with screenflow)

Capture d’écran 2021-02-03 à 09.57.39.png

Capture d’écran 2021-02-03 à 10.00.19.png

I would be grateful if anyone has a better solution because doing so I need to switch my desktop background anytime I want to record…

Best

Didier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"It is not possible to my knowledge to ask Photoshop (or Illustrator) to resize the app to a square ratio…"

If you mean to adopt its interface for square capture leaving side(s) in color of its canvas color then answer in No, it is not possible to ask Ps and Ai or any other Adobe software through preferences. That functionality is available for web page if that is what you mean (align center, width 70% or similar) but not in Adobe apps for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines