• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Won't Export or Save Photos

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues getting the Export function to work, every time I go to export the program crashes. This is done with JPEG files at full resolution, and I can't even do the Save As to TIFF workaround. This happened after the last update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Have you tried resetting the preferences? This is one of the best things to try when Photoshop starts misbehaving.

Preferences in Photoshop

"Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the preferences? This is one of the best things to try when Photoshop starts misbehaving.

Preferences in Photoshop

"Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, the Ctrl-Shift-Alt works, but I would like to avoid resetting my workspace. Is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned that you want to avoid resetting your workspace when resetting the preferences. My first post has a link to an Adobe page which includes a video about resetting Photoshop preferences. It includes instructions on how to reset your preferences without resetting a whole bunch of other settings that the keyboard shortcut method does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing that sometimes helps is Edit/Purge/All.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option was greyed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after resetting Preferences and making sure cache is clear, I still get the same problem. This used to not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it's preferable to fix the problem you are having with the latest version of Photoshop. However, if you are ever stuck and you didn't know, it is possible to easily install earlier versions of Photoshop. Multiple versions can even be installed at the same time.

photoshop-previous-versions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try 191 until there's an update and post results in this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE:

I did a reinstall and haven't had the issue come up yet. I also installed Version 19.1 in case this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines