• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't open or create new documents, works breifly after full windows restart.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am having an issues with photoshop becoming unresponsive. After about 10 minutes Photoshop will not open or create a document.

I've spent hours trying to fix this with no results. I've spent time on Nvidia's forums and tried downgrading the driver back to 275.33 with the same results. I've disabled opengl in photoshop with the same results. This error occurs on both CS5 and CS6 versions of photoshop. I've tried reinstalling photoshop (not removing and reinstalling, just reinstalling).

I can't tell if it's a photoshop issue or a Nvidia issue. I've read countless threads on this forum and can't find any help. Please help.

I've made this video to show you the issues. Thank you for your help

Video of issue - http://screencast.com/t/kG1YgmQ7 

Windows 7 x64

Nvidia GTX 275 v296.10

12gb DD3 Ram

Adobe Photoshop CS5/CS6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh - just adding me as one struggling with this. Have browsed the forums, see quite a few similar cases, but no brilliant solution to "fix-em-all".

In my end;

• Win 8.1 (Norwegian regional settings, English OS language, "English (international)" as CreativeCloud-app language).
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST <-- nVidia seems to be the tricky point/common denominator to the problem. Just updated to the latest nVidia drivers (353.06)
  • i7-4770K, 32 GB, SSD/enough free space, well-running system, usually runs for weeks before boot.
  • two monitors, both calibrated w/Spyder 3

I do not use bridge to open files in PS (mentioned as a possible cause), have tried every possible combination of settings on GPU (disabling alltogether, playing with individual settings), can close browsers (Flash) etc. - but nothing (but a reboot) seems to resolve this issue.

The issue is as many others seem to have; File > New opens dialog, but no window/tab opens. File > Open - same thing; dialog shows, but no file opens.

(I cannot do Transform to see that UI as some other users have seen)

Sometimes, I get to create/open documents, but things react strangely;

* moving layers sometimes misses

* merging layers won't work

* saving can be blocked

Does not seem to help to close all other apps than Photoshop.

Does not happen in other CC apps

...and is super-annoying

Any hints of good steps to debug?

Are there logs from Photoshop I could peek into?

Other tools that could help me pinpoint what is causing this?

Best regards,

Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am ALSO having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too. When will Adobe fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guys, this was solved in another thread:

Re: Can't Create/Open new File - Photoshop CC

Open up photoshop when it's bugged out, and hit Ctrl + Pause(Break)  (it's normally next to Print Screen).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines