• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Workspace keeps resetting to an undesired layout

Participant ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 24.0.1, a.k.a Photoshop 2023, fully updated so far as I know. My platform is Windows 11 on a Surface Pro 6.

When I open Photoshop, the Workspace is less than ideal. Notably, the "Layers," "Channels," and "Paths" tabs are all stuck near the bottom right of the screen, where their contents can't be seen, as in this screenshot:

photoshop_interface_problem.png

This is not the only problem, but it's the most clear. I would like to move my layout around to something customized, and save it.

However, no matter how I move the layout, and even if I select "Window->Workspace-Lock Workspace," when I close Photoshop and re-open it, the layout returns to the one described above.

How do I stop Photoshop from constantly retutning to this undesired Workspace layout?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

@D Fosse  Thanks for directing me to that folder.

When I navigated to AppData\Roaming\Adobe, I noticed there were two directories, one for "Adobe Photoshop 2023," but also one for "Adobe Photoshop 2021." This seemed strange to me because I had recently uninstalled all Adobe products, so I don't know why there would be any legacy versions.

So, I deleted the "Adobe Photoshop 2021" directory. Then I opened Photoshop, created a new workspace, saved it, locked it, and then closed Photoshop.

Then next

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to save the workspace?

workspace.png

From your screenshot it appears you have a very small screen, and the stretched color panel pushes everything else off screen. If you drag the color panel smaller, does it stay that way, or does that too revert to the stretched size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was helpful to me, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse, thank you for responding.

I have tried creating new workspaces, saving, deleting, resetting, renaming, and returning to default. No matter what, the workspace returns to the undesired layout each time I open Photoshop.

My screen is 2736x1824 pixels. Not only should it be plenty to display a Photoshop layout, Photoshop had displayed without problems for years before the last few weeks.

The problem is not that things do not fit on my screen, the problem is that Photoshop will not maintain whatever changes I make. I can easily move panels around and create a usable Workspace that suits me, but it will be gone next time I open Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it doesn't look like 1824 pixels high in your screenshot. What is the Windows scaling?

But if your preferences in general don't stick, it sounds like a permissions issue in your user account. That's where all preferences are stored. Does your saved workspace appear here?

workspace_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse  Thanks for directing me to that folder.

When I navigated to AppData\Roaming\Adobe, I noticed there were two directories, one for "Adobe Photoshop 2023," but also one for "Adobe Photoshop 2021." This seemed strange to me because I had recently uninstalled all Adobe products, so I don't know why there would be any legacy versions.

So, I deleted the "Adobe Photoshop 2021" directory. Then I opened Photoshop, created a new workspace, saved it, locked it, and then closed Photoshop.

Then next time I opened up Photoshop, I was presented with the workspace I had saved. So it seems the problem is solved. I'm guessing there was some kind of conflict in directory locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an FYI,   I had similar problems,   I also had multiple PS folders in Answer's folder.    But still have the same problem.  So I had basically to delete the 'Adobe Photoshop 2024 Settings' folder underneath the 'Adobe Photoshop 2024' folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines