• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pinch and zoom feature not working in photoshop (PC)

Explorer ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just bought a brand new 17 inch Alienware laptop. I am unable to use the "Two-Finger Pan and Zoom" feature in Photoshop. This feature should allow me to zoom in and out of a artboard, but instead just scrolls from side to side. I do not believe this is a driver issue because I have tried the same gesture in chrome and it works. Also, I have looked over several support pages about this and they mention turning on the gesture feature in "tools" (which are already selected) and to turn on GPU acceleration (which is also selected). I have the current version of Photoshop CC and all drivers are up to date. I am not using a PC with a touch screen (which comes up in several forums).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Dell XPS 15 too with similar problems. On my old Dell Precision it was just working fine. My work around is to use the touchscreen for zooming, panning, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows at work and I hav my Mac at home. Not having the pinch to zoom with gestures in Indesign is driving me CRAZY. I have it working in Illustrator and Indesign will not comply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. 

Zbook X2 G4 - Pinch zoom just scrolls horizontal. No problems with other Adobe programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always best to start a new thread with this sort of issue — so many things have changed in the five years since this thread was started.  Tell us your Photoshop version? Operating system Version, and describe in as much detail as you can, what your issue is?  Screen shots are often helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embarassingly, I had deselected an option in settings that I apparently had already selected earlier. So, It was default, then I enabled the setting (I think scroll wheel) and then disabled it again. The thing, in my defense, that threw me off was that the actual scroll wheel worked the way it should for zoom, and worked the same (properly) even after I corrected my mistake.  It was the latest version of 2023. But now its 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines