• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pivot point not staying put!

Participant ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select a layer, then transform, and move (drag) the pivot point, it doesn't stay put!

I have tried using Enter/Return on the keyboard, or selecting the tick on the bar above (comit transform).  As soon as I do anything, the little pivot point goes back to where it started.  I'm trying to set the pivot point, and then duplicate layers to enable multiple transforms on the exact same pivot.

I'm obvioulsy doing something wrong, help!  It's probably so simple, i'm overthinking the process...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Once you commit to the transform the pivot point will always go back to the centre of the object, I don't think there's a way around it I'm afraid although I could be wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I assume you mean transform and repeat around the pivot point, take a look here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px0uUNB4MRw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged

Yes, that's in the style of what I'm trying to do.

I find that when I make the rotation, and then go back to any layer where the pivot was moved, it's reverted back to the default position (in the centre).  Maybe what I'm expecting doesn't work the way I think.  I would expect the pivot to remain, for that layer where it was moved to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you commit to the transform the pivot point will always go back to the centre of the object, I don't think there's a way around it I'm afraid although I could be wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If that is the case, then it is the opposite of how it should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines