• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placed images keep snapping back to origin point.

Participant ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another bug with the update to Photoshop 2020. I'm placing an image and it keeps snapping back to the placement origin point during resize or move. This is incredibly frustrating. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Just what I need after working a 62 hour week and the weekend. Infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case this hasn't been mentioned here: When I have this problem I can “fix” it by saving, quitting, and restarting the application. Not a real fix, but I don't usually have the problem again for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SERIOUS PHOTOSHOP BUG - that is affecting multiple people in my teams.

Moving objects in Photshoip is seriously buggy... very laggy and snaps back to the same position again.

Please tell me this has been or will be fixed - it's slowing us down big time ! 

Any response from Adobe? I find it so frustrating that almost every app has regressed the past couple of years... poorer and poorer performance and more bugs than ever! Time to start looking away from CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have the same problem, and is very frustrating, i cant work, get stuck and spend to much time just by trying to fix this. Please ADOBE DO something! this is happening for very long time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Incredibly frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here too. Using a Wacom tablet with MacOS 11.1 (I had this problem with the previous version too) and Photoshop 22.1.1 (had the problem with another versions too)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Extremely frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, some of my staff had this issue and I found a potential fix,  I'm not an expert but it worked for them.

The issue may be related to on board built in graphics cards on devices like Surface pro's or MacBook airs.   Typically, my staff had more than one monitor, all at different resolutions.  What I had them do was reduce the native host computer's resolution to 1920x1080 or similar from its stock, usually very high resolution.  MS Surfaces use 2.7k or 4k and the mac's were using similar resolutions for retina displays.  This reduced the demand on the graphics processor and somehow solved their issue.  I also upped the amount of RAM photoshop could use in settings.  It may not work for you but worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue since I updated to Photoshop 2020. This is extremely annoying abecause all of the sudden no object or image can be moved our of its original position. Usually relaunching photoshops solves it but I was hoping Adobe would fix this in the last updates but they didn't... or if this is a new function make it clear how to disable please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can affected users confirm that they still have the issue in 22.4.1, and if they have guides active? Did the uncheck all in View>Show work for them, as stated in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/placed-images-keep-snapping-back-to-origin-point/m-p/111157...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. No, it doesn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update to 22.5, or hiding the guides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just gave this a go and seems to have done the trick, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this pretty much every Photoshop I've used across a lot of different Macs (iMac, numerous MBPs). Adobe try to pin it on Wacom drivers and third party apps, but I'm pretty sure it's not that. My only solution is to restart my machine and then it doesn't happen for a while. I find it happens more when things have got a bit more demanding - many images open at once, many layers etc although this could be coincidence. Pretty annoying. I've ended up just enduring it - my solution to most issues Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Penndave, is it the case when you work slowly? could you record a video? does it do it without a tablet, just with the Touchpad or a Mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been bothering me for ages. Increasing cache levels and cache tile size seems to have helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While on the stage, try clicking on the image that you want to move. Then right-click. In the flyout you should see "isolate layers". Click on that so the checkmark appears to the left of "isolate layers". Now move the image where you want. Then, to get out of the isolated layers mode, go to your layers palette. At the top there should be some place that you can click to get back to showing all layers. Now any thime you click on any image, it shouldn't snap back to the original place. At least that's what I did to fix the prob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, items placed using the move tool kept snapping back when using my magic mouse, but not when I use the "nudge" function (keyboard arrows), or when using my Wacom stylus/Wacom pad. In my case, the problem lies in the magic mouse. For some reason, any item moved with the magic mouse kept snapping back. Using my Wacom pen instead solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines