• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please vote! - Key shortcut to rotate brush angle as clone stamp

Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to ask for your votes to help make Photoshop brushes 100x better.

Shortcut to ROTATE BRUSH as clone stamp already has | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Has been suggested many times several years ago, but trying to revitalize to match the clone stamp tool

Rotate Clone Source

Alt + Shift + < or >

Option + Shift + < or >

This really does work, but only does  .25° so hold down for about 3 seconds to see.

Would be very helpful for shadow illustration. For example you need to draw shadows under the dresser with a soft oval brush, but the preview of your brush shows you have the wrong angle

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 8.49.59 AM.png

Shift Option < or > would be great to change angle on the fly to get this. but a rotation of .5° would be preferred.Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 8.58.25 AM.png

Changing the wacom pen angle has always sounded great,

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 10.00.22 AM.png

but rarely used as quite USELESS (unless you  twist your hand backwards, stand on your head and draw in a mirror).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HaHaHa. I live that comment. Spot on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike, just to be sure we are on the same page, you'd like the cursor key rotate function to work while using the brush?

i.e. when the left mouse button is pressed  or stylus is contacting the tablet?  Yes that would be nice. but I'm thinking that most of the time (like in your shadow example) lifting the stylus and then using the cursor key would work.  

I am also thinking of that clunky think where we set angle jitter to direction, and get gappy tight corners like below, although it does not appear to be a complete disaster in this example.  I left spacing qt 10%, where as I would always use 1% for this sort of preset.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines