Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PlugIn name is not showing in menu

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2010 Dec 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created a automation plug-in from scratch and I have all the instruction given in the documentaion for creating plugin in MAC OS. But i am facing a very pecuilar problem, ie, i am not getting my plugin name Under File -> Automate -> MyPlugin... when i am running the photoshop application from finder.

But When i am debugging my plugin from Xcode then in this case the Plugin name MyPlugin... is coming. The have tried with deleting my preferences too but still hanging around the same problem.

I am not getting the reason behind this .... any idea will be appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Thanks for your response first.

Yeah it's always advisable to start making from the existing samples. But For learning purpose i had started like so. Thanks for the clue you have given, I ll try to find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Dec 31, 2010 Dec 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not seeing your plugin under automation it means it wasn't loaded. There could be multiple reasons for it, from being unable to resolve in run-time all the required libraries to problems with the PIPL or with your own code  (exceptions on startup, for instance). Its hard for me to tell what your specific problem is, but as it work ok from your debugging environment, I would probably suspect the former - library dependencies (for Mac `otool` and `installnametool` are the keywords here).

In general, I would recommend starting with a working Adobe sample automation plugin and then work your way step-by-step to add your code, external libraries etc. If things break at some step you don't have to chase the issue for too long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response first.

Yeah it's always advisable to start making from the existing samples. But For learning purpose i had started like so. Thanks for the clue you have given, I ll try to find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines