• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugins missing after software update to Photoshop 2022 (macOS)

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded the new firmware to PS 2022, my plug in's disappeared.

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that your plugins are missing. We're here to help. 

What version of macOS do you have? Is your image in the suitable Mode (RGB preferred)? Where are you searching for the Plugins? 

You need to download and reinstall the product; try reinstalling the plugins.

1. Download the installer for the version you own.
  2. Quit out of all Photoshop applications before running the installer.
  3. The host selection step should detect all compatible host programs. Make sure yours is checked and complete the installation. If the Host Selection step does not show the new Photoshop version, you'll need to do a custom installation covered below.
  4. Once done, the plugin should be available in Photoshop under Filters.

Check out this similar discussion on our forum and let us know if it helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/p-extensions-missing-after-updating-t....

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you are using a Mac, so this will be different for you.  This is a tip I found on the Autofx site.

The file path with windows is as below

image.png

You'll find the file path for Macs here, although I am sure you already know where your Mac stores its program files.  The point here being that there is still a folder for the previous version.

Photoshop preference file functions, names, locations (adobe.com)

In my Photoshop 2021 folders I found the plugins that had not migrated to Photoshop 2022

image.png

So I copied them to a folder in My Documents. 

Made a shortcut to that folder, and copied it to the 2022 Plugins folder.

image.png

This did not include all of my plugins, but the rest had been automatically migrated to V2022

image.png

So from here going forward, I just need to copy/move the shortcut to MyPlugins folder to major Photoshop update folders.  Anything still not plying nicely will likely have to be reinstalled.  It used to be that we needed to get a new updated install file for some filters/plugins — Topaz Labs comes to mind, and so does Nik.  If you can't make a plugin work, go to the plugin developer's site and look for FAQ or support pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should not even be the case.  We pay for this product, why are updates screwing things up?  After updates, we do not have the time to have to deal with this stuff.  Leave stuff alone adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines