• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

png file when imported is very pixilated

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using PSE 2024 on OS Sonoma 14.  my file although it is a 6.9 png file   is extremely plixiliated.

what am I doing wrong? please advise asap .  Fighting deadlineScreenshot 2023-10-26 at 2.52.06 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are viewing the image at 836%, so no wonder it's pixelated.

To see a true representation of the image, view it at 100%, where one image pixel is represented by one screen pixel.

Please don't attach images, use the Insert Photos button in the toolbar.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using my older PSE , it never looked that pixilated . It wasn't until i updated to 2024 that i had this problem.

I have to use these to be displayed in a large format so detail is very important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image that you attached is 2048 x 940 pixels.

If this is for screen display, what is the resolution of the screen? One a 4 or 5k screen it would only fill half the width.

If this is for printing, the image will be approximately 3 x 7 inches at 300 ppi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

940 pixels high for a large format print is not very large. - I think your canvas is just too small.
Maybe the pixel grid you have showing is making it look worse than you remember?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way 940 pixels can print large, and there is no way 836% zoom will ever look good. That has nothing to do with version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I need to change my canvas size.  How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image > Canvas Size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blimey.  I know this thread is getting old now and deadlines may or may not have been made, but that is not pixelated.  It's the Photoshop Pixel Grid.  Every one of those wee squares is one pixel!  When you plan to Place Embedded, you absolutely need to look at the main image size in pixels, plus the size in pixels of any introduced image element.  This is basic stuff.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.  I thinkk the main problem was trying to use pse 2024 with the newest version of sketchup. Also I was using OS sonoma, which was a nightmare.  I have since gong back to OS ventura and PSE 2022 and am no longer having problems. Thanks for the advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So are you using Photoshop Elements?  I don't if you aare aware this is the Photoshop forum?  I wouldn't know where to start with answering questions about Photoshop Elements, so best to post there with PSE questions.

Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines