• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Precise move tool plug-in?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having a problem where I am doing automated action sets to make tiled textures out of multiple layers.  However the only way I can make new actions is to record my actions and it is very hard to offset a layer exactly by 256 or 512 pixels lets say;  snapping doesn't always work and offset filter doesn't work with multiple layers selected.  Free transform tool has this feature but again doesn't work with multiple layers.

Is there a plug-in or a tool in Photoshop that lets me input the exact number of pixels I want to move a layer or a way to edit action commands to have precise values I am looking for?

Thanks

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

That is not enough precision for you? I can also multi select layers before running this action.

The secret...first zoom in...way in...no further yet.

Now start recording, now select the move tool, now use the keyboard to nudge left with the arrows, now pick another tool. Bingo, it records the nudge.

But of course no plug-in developer would rely on actions, they would use ScriptListener or Listener and move that action into their automation plug-in code or JavaScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I work mostly with Maya and other 3D programs so I am very used to relying on just moving stuff around with coordinate values so was hoping to find something like that for Photoshop. I use Photoshop when I am texturing so I only have a basic understanding of JavaScript.  Right now I have a JavaScript that just runs multiple actions I set up in right order.  Zooming in all the way and recording it couple times will probably be fine for now because I only need to do this for a couple days before going back to 3D.  But will definitely have to look into JavaScript more when I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines