Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pressing Cancel closes Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You solved the problem for a short time and today I can't do anything because of these windows that if I press CANCEL or want to close it actually closes my Ps app. So I can't make those settings from points 1 and 2 that you give as solutions to solve this problem that already makes me give up the subscription. 

Capture.JPG

Please help me! Thanks

[Branched by moderator from unrelated primary thread with 1238 Replies. Title changed to reflect subject.]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Emma Brahas Try resetting your Photoshop preferences manually.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset-preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the solution. But you must understand that that window DOES NOT
LET ME do any operation.

--
Emma Alina Brahas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Emma Brahas resetting your preferences is done outside of the Photoshop application. Are you saying you cannot access the resource folders listed in the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help me with a step-by-step screenshot of what I need to do outside of the app, please? I'm not good at computers. I'm like a first grader.
And when I say I can't get past the window I mean INSIDE the Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emma - I do not have screenshots available but this is fairly simple:

1. Quit out of Photoshop - use Task Manager if you need to.
  2. Go to Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings and delete the Settings folder.
  3. Relaunch Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for the solution. But you must understand that that window DOES NOT LET ME do any operation.

It's like a barrier I can't get past. This problem has exhausted me and I don't know what to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are stuck in Photoshop use Alt+Ctrl+Del to open task manager and find Photoshop. Then click and choose End Task.

Restart your computer

Before opening Photoshop - reset preferences using the steps linked by Kevin earlier

Open Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help. I just opened the Ps app to do what you told me and I NO longer have the error window. I have not done anything you told me to do. I hope that's the end of these problems because I'm tired and despairing. Because I'm not as good as I would like to be on computers.

Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines