• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

print 2x3 wallet size on 4x6 photo paper

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to print some wallet size ( 2x3" ) pictures on 4x6 inch paper.  4 pictures will exactly fit.  How do I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 5.22.11 PM.png

Your printer probably does not provide for printing a four-side bleed (image to the edges of the paper.

It would be prudent to:

Create and crop to 2x3 size 240 ppi image.

Select > All

Edit > Stroke .125" ...White... Inside. This will provide a 1/8" margin all four sides

Open a new file 4x6 240ppi

Click on the master image and drag the Layer in the Layers panel into the 4x6 and position it

Cmd+J to make a duplicate layer and use the Move tool to position it.

Repeat the Cmd+J and Move for the other two positions on the sheet.

NOTE: If your printer requires a larger white border, adjust for it before calculating print area..

If your printer can bleed 4 sides and you don't want white margin, there is no need for the Stroke step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. It will take me some time to understand and try all of your directions. Please stay with me.

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Perhaps this will help. I have numbered the Steps. If one of them gives you trouble, refer to it when you write and describe the problem .

1. Create and crop to 2x3 size 240 ppi image.

2. Select > All

3. Edit > Stroke .125" ...White... Inside. This will provide a 1/8" margin all four sides

4. Open a new file 4x6 240ppi

5. Click on the master image and drag the Layer in the Layers panel into the 4x6 and position it

6. Cmd+J to make a duplicate layer and use the Move tool to position it.

7. Repeat the Cmd+J and Move for the other two positions on the sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE ver 15. I set it to expert mode. I think I completed steps 1-4 OK. I am totally lost on step 5. Which one is the master image? What and where is the layer panel?

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wasn't aware you were working with Elements.

The master image is also called the Source Image, In the illustration above it is the file pictured on the left (Debbie.jpg).

I suggest that you direct your inquiry to Photoshop Elements

Although I have not seen Elements, I suspect that Instead of Step 5 you did this:

Choose the master image, Select > All

Edit > Copy

Choose the 4x6 file and Edit > Paste, it would work for you.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines