• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Dialog Boxes Slow to Open

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am running CS6 on a Win10 64bit machine. Recently the print dialog bxes in PS are extremely slow to open. I have 3 Epson printers (7890, P800, & XP-640). All have latest drivers, software & firmware. I have no problem printing via QImage; only PS. Checking I note that this is a fairly common issue. I have tried the following without success:

1. Changing default printer.

2. Deleting .aud fille (Program Data/Epson/Printer) It was only 6KB in size)

3. Could not find Net Driver HPZ12 service to delete

Printers are not on a network.

Any ideas?

--Alan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

I had the same problem with a clients computer. Updating the AMD Driver to 18.Q3 solved the problem.

Windows 10, i7 8700k, WX 5100, CC 2018.

Seems they found the issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with nVidia graphics card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is truely an AMD/Readon Driver problem, AMD should get to work on it.

For those reading, etc. this is not just an Adobe product problem, which is why it is not reasonable for Adobe to fix it.  I have had this problem for a while now.  The problem manifests when I first go to print and it is attempting to bring up the print dialogue, afterwards, that will come back up relatively quick if I remain in the same program...

The problem also manifests every single time I attempt to print to a file (pdf, xps, etc.)

I will pop back in and let you all know if I figure it out.  I am almost positive this is a Windows registry issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as described here (although my printer is a Canon MG7160: this would seem to exclude printer driver issues from the problem).

I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit.

I do have 5 monitors:

3 on the Intel CPU integrated graphics (HD4600)

1 USB 3 to HDMI adapter

1 iPad attached to USB 3 running Duet

I suspect that graphics software might be an issue (although I can't imagine how/why that should have any impact on print performance...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that there are users with the same issues (or rather not good).

I don't think it has anything to do with GPU drivers. I've seen this issue with nvidia and amd (I'm using a R9 270x). But even so, with or without GPU acceleration on/off in PS CC 2018; the print problem is always there.

I'm using Win10 Pro 64-bit with all the latest updates [Version 10.0.16299.309]. Even switching off/on things like antivirus and/or firewall does not make any differences. Also restarting the print spooler doesn't matter. Changing default printer doesn't matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I think there are enough of us experiencing this to indicate that there is a problem, so I've raised a problem/bug report below. If you could add your own comments and system details it would help the developers to help us:

print dialogue slow on Windows 10 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added a comment and requested the threads be merged

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you mentioned it as a troubleshooting step, but with the Print dialog open, have you tried holding down the Alt Key? The Cancel button changes to Reset and clicking on that may help, and although I suspect the problem is more involved than that, it might be worth a try.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gene

Yes I should have mentioned that. It resets the print dialogue but the problem immediately returns. Jeff Tranberry (from Adobe) has responded on the Photoshop Family forum thread so if those experiencing it can add their info to the thread below we will hopefully get some help in getting to the cause be it Adobe /Microsoft or, a possibility that is being looked at, AMD GPU.

Photoshop CC 2018: Print dialog extremely slow to open/does not respond | Photoshop Family Customer ...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it has some relation to the AMD GPU, does unchecking "Use Graphics Processor" in Photoshop change anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

If it has some relation to the AMD GPU, does unchecking "Use Graphics Processor" in Photoshop change anything?

Nope, it doesn't.

Read my original problem description @Photoshop CC 2018: Print dialog extremely slow to open/does not respond | Photoshop Family Customer ...

"...

-I've even uninstalled PS CC 2018 from my system and cleaned up all remains, including appdata leftovers and all temporary garbage from PS. Reinstalled the latest PS CC 2018 from the CreativeCloud app; left PS CC 2018 with all its standard settings and just tried to print again.

No luck, problem with print dialog from PS CC 2018 is back immediately.

Then I set all my personal settings and performance enhancements within PS CC 2018; no change. GPU acceleration on/off; no difference. Scratch disks on/off/change; no difference.

Even reinstalled all my printer drivers; no difference. But as I mentioned before, ALL OTHER applications do print just fine! Only PS CC 2018 print function is unusable....

"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I checked your post and while disabling the GPU does nothing, the AMD graphics drivers seem to be one factor. The other answer is to fresh install Windows 10. If you have a spare drive and a spare weekend, you can rebuild W10 on a new drive, (SSDs are getting cheaper) and see how that goes.

Your original drive would have all your installs and data which you can keep until the new setup is complete. That way there is less downtime when the work week starts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the non-gamers I found a solution:

Photoshop CC 2018: Print dialog extremely slow to open/does not respond | Photoshop Family Customer ...

Then I decide to start over again, as regarding to the graphic drivers.

• -Used DDU to completely cleanse AMD driver software from my system. Rebooted in Safe Mode and restarted Windows with just the simple "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"  present as graphics card.
  • -Tested PS CC 2018 Print Dialog --> works just fine! (GPU acceleration off)
  • -Then Windows decided to automatically install a standard driver, after a few minutes the graphics card is identified as "AMD Radeon (TM) R9 200 series" driver version 22.19.162.4
  • -Clicked on "Update driver" in the Device Manager, Windows downloads a newer (?) driver and installs this one. Now it's version 22.19.677.257.
  • -Just to be sure, rebooted my system and also checked if color calibration profiles (ColorMunkiDisplay) are still loaded and activated for my dual screen (Dell U2711) configuration. And YES, it is!
  • -Switched on GPU acceleration in PS CC 2018, restart PS CC 2018
  • -Tested PS CC 2018 Print Dialog --> works just fine! (GPU acceleration now on. Only OpenCL is switched off)

Conclusion (?): use the Microsoft provided driver updates for your graphics card and it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good work!

So now that means it's either gaming or your sanity.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With open CL off do you lose anything in Photoshop? For example do oil paint, liquify and 3D work?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try/test it!

I don't lose much, but it seems an old bug is reintroduced by using an older (AMD/Microsoft WHQL) graphics driver:

Photoshop: Crash since Camera Raw update 9.12 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a try later (system tied up doing 3D renders at the moment).

Actually I am wondering if installing the "AMD Minimal Set up" i.e. the basic driver without all the associated fluff, may work with the later driver. I'll let you know.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Just wondering if you've had any luck with this.  Its July now, and I'm still taking breaks any time I want to print just to wait for the next dialogue box to pop up.  I'm constantly changing print settings depending on paper type etc.  So it can be frustrating wasting all that time each time I need to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As per my last post - I replaced my AMD GPU with an NVidia GPU and normal printing was restored. It looks like it's an issue with the AMD GPU drivers.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danke für die super Idee von Captain Hook! Ich habe den gleichen Weg eingeschlagen, es funktioniert tatsächlich! Nachfolgend stelle ich den Weg ausführlich zur Verfügung:

Drucken-Dialog in Photoshop CC öffnet langsam - Print Dialog Boxes Slow to Open

Ich benutze W10, 64 Bit, 16 GB RAM mit der Grafikkarte AMD Radeon â„¢ R7 370 Series, deren Treiber immer aktuell war. Zudem habe ich PS CC mit der Version  19.0 20171103.r.190 2017/11/03: 1143799 x64 installiert.

Mit Aufruf des Drucken-Dialogs kam es dieser Tage plötzlich zu langen Wartezeiten und die Maus ließ sich nur abgehackt am Bildschirm bewegten.

Nach mehreren Versuchen, den Dialog zu beschleunigen, habe ich die Grafikkarte als mögliche Fehlerquelle lokalisiert. Das Problem habe ich durch Ersatz des Originaltreibers mit dem Microsofttreiber in den Griff bekommen.

Die Prozedere:

1.Zuerst das Deinstallationsprogramm DDU vom AMD herunterladen (amdcleanuputility.exe) und ausführen.
2.Den Rechner im abgesicherten Modus starten - neu starten und dann die Tastenkombination Strg+F8 drücken.
3.Wenn der abgesicherte Modus gestartet ist, den Gerätemanager aufrufen und es wird die Grafikkarte als „Microsoft Basic Display Adapter“ angezeigt. Auf diesen Text mit der rechten Maustaste klicken und „Gerät aktivieren“ anklicken. Wen man 2 Monitore benutzt, wird jetzt der 2. Monitor eingeschaltet.
4.Nun kann man noch die Auflösung nach Eingabe von „Anzeigeeinstellungen ändern“ im Suchfeld des Desktops links unten eingeben, auf die richtigen Werte ändern.
5.Jetzt sollte man den Test machen, ob der Drucken-Dialog richtig schnell funktioniert (PS CC öffnen, ein Bild laden, Datei/Drucken wählen). Wenn es wieder richtig schnell funktioniert, dann war es der Original-Treiber von AMD.
6.Jetzt den PC normal neu starten.

Nun fortfahren:

7.Gerätemanager aufrufen, die immer noch
angezeigte Grafikkarte „Microsoft Basic Display Adapter“ mit rechter Maustaste auswählen. Danach „Treiber aktualisieren“ auswählen. Danach „Automatsich nach aktualisierter Treibersoftware suchen“ anklicken und danach unten auf „Aktualisierte Treiber auf Windows Update suchen“ auswählen.
8.In dem sich öffnenden Fenster wird oben möglicherweise ein aktueller Windows Grafikkartentreiber angezeigt. Diesen nun installieren lassen. Nach der Installation den PC wieder neu starten und im Gerätemanger wurde nun der richtige Treiber für die Karte von Microsoft angezeigt (in meinem Fall „AMD Radeon (TM) R7 370 Series).
9.Nun abschließend Photoshop öffnen. Bearbeiten/Voreinstellung/Leistung auswählen und „Grafikprozessor verwenden“ aktivieren. Unter „Erweiterte Einstellungen…“ alle drei Haken setzen.
10.Photoshop CC schließen und neu starten. Den Druckdialog nochmals überprüfen. Jetzt sollte alles wieder funktionieren.

Es empfiehlt sich nun, immer wieder nach aktuellen Microsofttreibern für die Grafikkarte zu suchen, da nicht gewiss ist,
on AMD eine Treiberversion bereitstellt, die den o. g. Fehler ausschließt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When pressing [Shift]+[Print] --> doesn't make any difference (as with older versions of Photoshop did)

When the Print dialog Window has opened (after about 20 seconds), pressing [Alt] changes the 'Cancel' button into 'Reset' (greyed out), then clicking on that 'Reset' also becomes non responding for about 20 seconds, and after the long wait, my computer responds again.

But every subsequently pressed button, results in slooooooooow behavior again.

Until the Print dialog window is closed, and immediately everything is back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added me as a "Me Too". Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it is very clear that this issue is persistent and really present in the latest PS CC versions; does anyone knows if Adobe and/or in cooperation with Microsoft/nvidia/AMD is going to solve this issue?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. New install of Photoshop Elements 2018,

Windows 7 fully up to date.

Graphics card ASUS EAH5450.

Printer: HP Photosmart C4700 series.

Not having any other issues with my PC. Come on Adobe. where are you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines