• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing ID photo How to

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to print a 36x47mm 500x653px 353dpi photo with crop marks on a 5x7 size paper.

It's always 1-2mm too small on the print. Official ID photo needs to be in those measurements. 

What should I do?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At 353 ppi, the image should print at 35.98 x 46.99 millimeters, which is practically the correct size.

If it prints smaller, check that Scale is set to 100% in the Photoshop Print dialog.

Also check that no scaling is applied in the printer driver.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it should and that is why I don't understand why it's not making a correct size on the print. I have tried many settings so far. No scaling on both. There's 3 settings on the printer driver for Epson XP-540 Series printer. Nothing, fit and fill (translated).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print it slightly larger and trim to fit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need a reliable and easy way to print ID photos. I'll try another printer soon.

I hope Lightroom or Photoshop would provide an plugin or something to easily make passport photos. I know there are options like ID Station but it's expensive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines