• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing out the wrong colours? Colour management doesn’t work

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've got my logo in a jpg file and I've edited the colours so I have loads of colourways. I have a baby blue and pink one that my printer doesn't like and also a red and blue. The pink and blue print in the opposite places and the red is orange.

I'm working on a Mac so I downloaded the colour management thing but this doesn't actually open anything up apart from a grey box which doesn't let me import files to or open anything up.

I got to print again and select the photoshop colour management and it takes me back to the website to download it again which I've done several times.

ive looked at my printer settings (hp envy 6032) and everything's up to date and as it should be.

im trying to start a business printing my logo onto transfer paper then heat pressing it on to clothes but I can't have colour inconsistencies so I'm panicking right now!

im using the older version of Adobe as my Mac is from 2017 so can't have the latest. I hope what I've said makes sense 😞 

I'll try to add pictures to explain what I'm doing.

I've tried to save the image as a TIFF but I've got no idea what that means either and it keeps crashing the colour printer utility which isn't actually working

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color printer utility is an advanced tool for those making their own printer icc profiles. You have no use for that, just delete it again.

You can't use "Photoshop manages color" with that printer. For that, you need to set the appropriate printer/paper icc profile - but such profiles aren't made for inexpensive hp printers.

You need to use "printer manages color". Make sure to set the right paper type in the printer driver. You also need to make sure your file has an embedded document profile, such as sRGB or Adobe RGB. Without a profile, the result is unpredictable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks for clearing that up,

do you know how to set the correct paper type as even when I select printer manages colour I still get the weird colours and not the correct ones? I have selected the Adobe RGB but again still the same.

im unsure how to access the printer drivers? Or understand it. I'm a newbie unfortunately but I'm trying my hardest right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've managed to get on the coloursync utility but apparently there's problems and it cannot repair them as the folders are locked? Can you advise me on what I can do as I assume this is what's creating the problem 

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those profiles have nothing to do with printing. There are no profiles for that printer, from hp or Apple or anyone else.

This is really simple: in the Photoshop print dialog, set "Printer manages color". Then click "Print Settings" to open the printer driver, where you pick the appropriate paper in the rolldown.

If that doesn't produce a decent result, something's very wrong with the printer or the printer driver.

print.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that's what I've been doing and it just doesn't produce the correct colours hence why I thought it must be way more complicated lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't worry about errors reported in the Colorsync utility after running "fix", frustrating, I know, but many errors it offers to fix, it can't. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not it doesn't state how to fix the problem I'm having 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no matter how well the printer is profiled if your screen is way out you'll not see a match. Have you considered screen calibration? 

I am guessing that you've now selected the right media in "print settings" (this calls on the printer manufacturer's colour management. Also you've made sure the print heads aren't blocked?" 

You do not need the Adobe Color Print Utility. The documentation explains what its for.

Colour management is DISABLED when printing with the utility!

"Use the Adobe Color Printer Utility application to print your targets without color management applied."

Try printing this test image - please go here and download the Adobe RGB testimage: https://www.colourmanagement.net/index.php/downloads_listing/

How does it look onscreen? realistic skintone? Do you see netutral grey in the grey strip and in the watch image. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines