• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PRINTING PROBLEMS BETWEEN PHOTOSHOP AND EPSON INKJET PRINTERS

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFTER SPENDING A MONTH with ADOBE TECH and EPSON TECH Adobe asked me to post on this site a request for study as to the continuing problems of printing to an EPSON INKJET printer out of Photoshop.   Running BIG SUR (OS11.6.2) and the current version of PHOTOSHOP it has become impossible to print to an EPSON 1430 with PHOTOSHOP CONTOLS COLOR.  When that is selected all I get is a blank page out of the printer.  PRINTER CONTROLS COLOR is the only way to create a print out of Photoshop, and that leaves a lot to be desired. 

ADOBE techs have spent days and hours trying to resolve this....no luck.  EPSON techs have made the same efforts.  Again, no luck.

SO- FOR FUTURE TECH SUPPORT/UPDATES/FIXES I have posted this problem on the site.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug in that OS dot release. Been discussed here. Downgrade to the previous version or update to 12.X which fixed this bug. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is apparently a bug in Mac OSX Big Sur 11.6.2 in connection with ICC profile use / printing,

Some users have reported success after updating to Monterey, personally I'd be more likely to go back a version rather than jumping into a new OSX version soon after release.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the problem was with the macOS.  I had the same problem and when I upgraded to Monterey, everthing returned to normal with printing.  With that version of Big Sur I couldn't access any Epson ICC Profiles.

The sad new is that after updating my macOS Monterey to 12.2.1 from 12.2 in February, the same problem has been introduced--I can't see any of the Epson ICC profiles in the Photoshop print dialogue box.  I'm going to have to go back to 12.2 in order to restore my ability to print properly.  I find this very annoying and am disappointed with Apple.  You might think they learned what they needed to from the Big Sur experience, but, no, here we go again.

It is worth noting that Epson put their ICC paper profiles in a different spot in the file system that other printer paper ICC profiles, but I been printing with Epson Professional Photo printers for 11 years and never had any problem like this.

Another, unrelated note:  Ever since I updated to 12.2.1 my VueScan application doesn't work.  VueScan has done a lot of troubleshooting and find nothing wrong with their application.  My bet is when I downgrade to 12.2, that will start working as well.

Good luck with it all,

Jack

Wee Jacky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines