Problem exporting a GIF

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gif is exported this way. When playing the animation in Adobe Photoshop it shows correctly, but when saving it the final result is like this. What can be?

bugga.gif

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking at your layers and everything is ok, I am not sure what you want exactly to say and what you expect as result after exporting. After downloading and opening-playing GIF it shows me what is displayed here. What you see when playing in Photoshop versus after exporting? Can you record video to show us?

gif.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gif in Photoshop is displayed correctly in this way, with a transparent background and without overlapping layers, but when you export it and see the final result, all the overlapping layers are shown, do you understand me?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow it's exporting as what's called a "build" (the next frame adds to the prior frames) rather than a "sequence" (the next frame completely replaces the prior frame).

Which version of Photoshop are you using?  I'd try updating if that's available or rolling back a version if you're using the newest version.

Another thing to try is to fill the backbround with an easy to identify color, like green, try exporting that to see if you can trick it into exporting as expected, and then make the green transparent by editing the Color Table.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Rodrigo26046892dleg You have “New Layers Visible in All Frames” checked. Try unchecking this to see if it makes a difference when exporting.

JainLemos_0-1662834831697.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines